Home

Mike Lowe MLB The Show '18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB The Show '18 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #65
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe MLB The Show '18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
one more quick thing....

i know it is an extremely small sample size, but errors are a huge problem for me. between both teams, ive seen 10 total errors in just 3 games!!! im talking routine fly balls dropped, and routine grounders where the throw is 10 feet over the first basemens head...

i bumped throwing and fielding sliders down to default at 5 to see if this fixes the problem. has anyone else had this issue?
Do you use manual fielding? That might be an issue there--I know I experience it in DD. If so, you may need to tinker...or switch to auto-fielding which I highly recommend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #66
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Lol very true. My OCSD (Obsessive Compulsive Statistics Disorder) not with sliders as much as it with stats. I love it. I love testing them and keeping track of them. Ive been that way since Strat-O-Matic and Diamond Mind. (Actually I remember making up baseball games with dice and dominoes when I was 7 to 10 years old and keeping full scoresheets, lineups, and boxscores with accumulated stats, by hand on paper. - I did the same thing by throwing a rubber ball against steps which produced ground balls, line drives and fly balls, and keeping score lol). So its not just the Show stats, but baseball stats and percentages period. But if I'm not careful and go overboard, you are right, it could make the game no fun. I'm not close to there yet. If I do get there, I trust that all of you will hold an Intervention for me. Haha
And if it were all that predictable--depending solely on predetermined outcomes--what would be the point in even playing?

Baseball has weird seasons by weird teams throughout its history. It's good to check over a long series of games, but sometimes it's just a bad team with bad players, etc.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #67
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I'm continuing my Franchise to start out with. I'm not doing great in it (it was the first fantasy draft I've ever done. Ive always liked playing real teams but thought I would try it since it wasn't baseball season. Actually been a lot of fun learning a variety of players. I just let the CPU auto draft for me and chose a halfway decent team). My only slight hope is a Wild Card spot, as I'm wayyyy out of the division. I love the challenge though.
If we had online leagues still, I wanted to do a fictional league with a draft. I saw last night there's already a roster out of fictional players.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 0

Well I moved hitting to legend to match pitching at legend. Ichanged user pitch control and consistency to 2 (classic...no aids, to include vibration). I played two games and it felt good.....actually hit a cpl homeruns!!! I also drew 4 and 5 walks respectively.
So I am going to play until Friday night to definitely lock them in and start my franchise Friday night.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 06:09 PM   #69
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
And if it were all that predictable--depending solely on predetermined outcomes--what would be the point in even playing?

Baseball has weird seasons by weird teams throughout its history. It's good to check over a long series of games, but sometimes it's just a bad team with bad players, etc.
What I do is play with every team at least once or twice and get all of those combined stats to average out close to MLB league average. Then I start my season. If my team stinks after that, they stink

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 04-03-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #70
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
If we had online leagues still, I wanted to do a fictional league with a draft. I saw last night there's already a roster out of fictional players.
That would be awesome. I'm thinking about doing my OOTP with all fictional players, but not sure yet.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quick question...does the trick to get the artist rendered bio pics by backing out of a fantasy draft still work? I cant seem to get it to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #72
Banned

Probably already addressed but can someone tell me when they update the rosters and how do I get it I thought it was weekly and it prompted you when you start the game like after the opening credits

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »