Home

Itbeme23 - Classic/Directional All-Star Sim Sliders 2018

This is a discussion on Itbeme23 - Classic/Directional All-Star Sim Sliders 2018 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5
Itbeme23 - Classic/Directional All-Star Sim Sliders 2018

Hey Everybody,

Some of you know me as a regular from The Show and Madden slider forums. This will be the first set I've put out in a couple of years, but I am very pleased with the results I've seen up to this point. I am now 40 games into my franchise, and I haven't found a reason to make any adjustments to the set, which I feel is a good thing....

That's why I'm going to share them.

Rather than come up with a long write-up like some of you may be used to from me, I would rather just give the "Cliff Notes" version:

1. Yes, the preliminary focus of my set is realistic strike percentages, then I build everything else around that. I took the same approach with this year's set, but surprisingly, there weren't many changes that needed to be made. The CPU pitching sliders played really well at default, and just needed a subtle adjustment to be where I felt they should be.

2. I've also paid attention to foul ball percentages, although not at the level of strike percentages, and I feel those numbers are realistic as well. I've determined user foul ball percentages will vary greatly, as some people are more free-swinging than others. Personally, I am very patient at the plate and work every count, so I've found my foul ball numbers to be on the lower side. However, the CPU foul ball percentages seem to be right on point, which is awesome.

3. Classic Pitching/Directional Hitting. That's what this set is intended for. I cannot give any advice on other interfaces and how the set might play with them, because I simply do not know. Classic Pitching and Directional Hitting are ratings-based interfaces, and that's how I like to play the game. Slider sets are always about finding what works best for YOU, but any advice I am able to provide, will always be for the Classic/Directional interfaces.

4. Hitting difficulty has been raised to All-Star, instead of Veteran. I doubt my hitting/coordination skills have improved as I've gotten older, so I just think Veteran was too easy this year. This is the first time I've hit on All-Star difficulty since 2013.

5. For anybody that knows me and my sets, I've usually gone MIA at about this time during the season. That's simply because slider testing is extremely time consuming, and after awhile, the game becomes stale. I don't know if I just got lucky this year, but I haven't been "testing" sliders since the third week of April, and the game is still fun every time I play. I haven't gotten this far into a franchise in a long time, and it's fun to experience the ups and downs of the season as it progresses. I'm looking forward to actually finishing a season this year!!!

With that said, I cannot say I will be monitoring this thread every, single day. However, when I do, I will try to answer everybody's questions and feedback when I can. The cool thing about me going MIA (you know, besides people thinking I'm dead...LOL), is the set starts to take on a "community" feel, kind of like Matt10's set in the FIFA forums. I really like that idea, and I encourage that type of collaboration. So, you don't see me around in a few days, throw that question out to the rest of the people on the thread, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for!

Here is the set!

User Settings:

Batting & Baserunning

Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
Hitting Interface: Directional
Input Type: Buttons
PCI: Off
Hitting View: Fish Eye 2 (User Preference)
In-Play View Offense: Broadcast (User Preference)
Guess Pitch: Off
Baserunning Decisions: Auto (User Preference)
Baserunning Interface: Default
Sliding Decisions: On (User Preference)
Runner Windows: On (User Preference)

Pitching:

Pitching Difficulty: All-Star
Pitching Interface: Classic
Pitching View: Broadcast (User Preference)
Pitching Ball Marker: Off (User Preference)
Pitch Confidence: On
Pitch Delay: Normal (User Preference)
API: Default (User Preference)

Fielding:

Throwing Interface: Pure Analog (User Preference)
Throwing Meter: Off (This allows for the fielder ratings to determine the outcome of the play.)
Fielding Decision: Auto (User Preference)
Throwing Decision: Off
In-Play View Defense: Broadcast
Throw Canceling: On
One Button Dive/Jump: Off
Catch Position Indicator: Off
Defensive Shift: Auto

General:

Strike Zone: Off
Hot Zones: Off
Warm Up Pitchers: On
Tutorial Tips: Off
Post Game Auto Save: Off