Home

FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2018, 03:39 PM   #217
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

The inter-division tour continues as I now head into St. Louis and (after an odd homestand with the Dodgers) off to Wrigley to battle the hated Cubs.

St. Louis is not quite as low-dollar as Chicago, so with my ace on the mound I was able to give a strong performance in the first of four games. If there is any "that guy" it is probably Dexter Fowler but I kept him mostly in line.

The was one remarkable play that I just had to laugh about. With a runner on second, Fowler smack one off of my pitcher. The ball then deflected midway between third and home. BOTH my pitcher and catcher converge on the ball. The runner from second sees this and rounds third and just keeps on running. I try to throw the ball home, but nothing happens because NOBODY IS COVERING HOME PLATE. St Louis scores a cheapie.

Last edited by FenwayMac; 07-18-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
The inter-division tour continues as I now head into St. Louis and (after an odd homestand with the Dodgers) off to Wrigley to battle the hated Cubs.

St. Louis is not quite as low-dollar as Chicago, so with my ace on the mound I was able to give a strong performance in the first of four games. If there is any "that guy" it is probably Dexter Fowler but I kept him mostly in line.

The was one remarkable play that I just had to laugh about. With a runner on second, Fowler smack one off of my pitcher. The ball then deflected midway between third and home. BOTH my pitcher and catcher converge on the ball. The runner from second sees this and rounds third and just keeps on running. I try to throw the ball home, but nothing happens because NOBODY IS COVERING HOME PLATE. St Louis scores a cheapie.
That is funny but it is so real. I have had a couple liners off the 3B and the ball goes in the air. Usually drops by them for a hit but one time I saw them catch it for the out.

I even had a ball hit off the pitcher and then the 3B catches it.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #219
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees82
That is funny but it is so real. I have had a couple liners off the 3B and the ball goes in the air. Usually drops by them for a hit but one time I saw them catch it for the out.

I even had a ball hit off the pitcher and then the 3B catches it.
The other night i was in desperate need of a double, at least, with 2 outs late in the game.

So im down by few runs. Chirinos leads off with a HR. Mazara hits a double. With one out he moves to 3rd. I need to at least score that run. Thats my goal. Odor pops up. 2 outs. Guzman up. He smashes a line drive down the first base line. Should be an RBI double. But the line drive hits the first base bag, and pops straight up into the air. The pitcher runs over and makes a shoestring catch, at the exact moment the runner is running by him. Where the ball is caught by the pitcher is right where my batters back foot is, so it is a tag-out. That double just turned into inning over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180718_190630-2172x1263.jpg (152.0 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 07-18-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #220
Rookie

That would make it on the top 5 on Baseball Tonight.

That is crazy. Some bad luck!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #221
MVP

Won game 2 vs the Swingin A's. They did some swingin, but not much hittin.

Wind was blowing in hard, and the only ball that even threatened to leave the yard was a Gallo fly ball that on any other night would have been an easy HR.

Final Line:
OAK - 0R 6H 0E 6LOB
TEX - 4R 10H 1E 6LOB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2018, 01:25 AM   #222
Pro

After scoring 2 in the second inning and then none in the next 10 innings I decided to shake things up a bit and fire my hitting coach as well as my pitching coach for good measure. Hired a couple of top-tier coaches to step in and lead the pirates up the division before it gets away.

It was another great game, by the way.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #223
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
After scoring 2 in the second inning and then none in the next 10 innings I decided to shake things up a bit and fire my hitting coach as well as my pitching coach for good measure. Hired a couple of top-tier coaches to step in and lead the pirates up the division before it gets away.

It was another great game, by the way.
I like it. Ive been considering firing my hitting coach since day one. But so far he is keeping his head above water. He knows im watching him.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #224
Pro

Wow. My team has apparently respknddd to the firing of the batting coach by putting up five runs on three hits (including a two-run double by Moran) three walks and a sac fly.

Let’s see now how the new pitching coach does...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »