Home

JoshC1977's MLB 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's MLB 19 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #121
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's MLB 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Josh, glad to see your set finalized. I’ve been building up a nice sample size in my Franchise using your tweaks. The gameplay on All Star hitting and pitching is best ever for me! Solid Hits 4 (had fun with 5 for a day or 2) Fielder Reaction and Speed 4 are locked in. I’ve been flip flopping a bit with Pitcher Control at 5 or 6 but have really found the difference to be “marginal” if you will excuse the pun. I am still testing but could easily live with either or perhaps a combination. Pitcher Stamina at 6 has been great and the reason for my post. Just had Chris Sale (97 Stamina) hit Red at 115 pitches during the 8th inning. He got there with 64% strike rate, 2 walks, 8 strikeouts, 1 run and 5 hits. Those extra 10 pitches you talk about made this one of the most enjoyable pitching games in a long while. The dream of a complete game is now alive again!

On a side note I’d like to know if anyone has tested the Steal Frequency at 6 without upping Steal Ability if that is the culprit. I use auto base running and would love to get my Red Sox moving but not at the expense of hitting.
Honestly, I haven't tested the steal sliders to see which one (or both) was the culprit. I see the CPU attempt plenty of steals (somewhat foolishly at times - which I love). The major league average last year was 0.5 SB/G with a 70% success rate, so you should see (again on average) less than a steal attempt per game if you want the team to replicate this era. Just make sure you're working counts with runners on (they will be more hesitant to run with no outs, but much more likely with 1 and 2 outs).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 08:31 AM   #122
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesio1
Josh I want to say now that I have locked in on your sliders the game play over the last week has been absolutely fantastic. It’s getting to the point where I’m afraid I’m going to miss out on summer that’s how fantastic this set is. So many things I have learned an adjusted with. The wonderful thing about playing is you never know what to expect no matter how much you get on a roll all of a sudden that’s roll comes to an end. An you have to recalibrate your approach to an at bat. Having lots of fun winning and losing. So glad I picked this game up it is worth every cent. Now on another note I wanted to ask about pitchers and stamina. As well as recovery after a start. Most guys with a stamina of 72 to 79 barely make it into the 6th. They will give me a solid 5 but nothing over. Would you drain a guy completely one game an his next start let him go lower or is it better to just average a solid 7 or 6+ with a higher stamina guy. Cause as good as my bullpen has been I been taxing some of them a lot because of my bottom 3 starters. (Lol I signed Dallas Kuchuel to help) with that his stamina is stellar.
I'm going to give you the infamous, "non-answer". It depends....

I'll tell you what I've done with my Reds....I have 2 LRPs in my bullpen (Alex Wood and Robert Stephenson). When I get a short start from a starter (due to poor performance or fatigue), I plug one of those two guys in for 2-3 innings. That keeps you from having to use 5 arms in one game and allows you a chance to rotate them from game to game. Now, Alex Wood might be my most talented SP aside from Castillo, but with 70 stamina, is more a liability in the rotation. With 70 stamina in a relief role, I can put a bit more effort on his pitches and get a bit more oomph from him. Stephenson is a guy I pitch real well with (did last year too) and he's close to cracking the rotation but in a relief role, his already-good stuff really plays-up and he can be close to dominant.

So far, it's been working well, I usually have a couple of MRP/SU guys near max stamina every game so I can ride those lower-stamina SPs a bit longer on occasion at the risk of him having a short outing the next game.

That's just one way to slice it, and your approach will depend heavily on how your roster is constructed. But the dual-LRP role allows me to handle those shorter outings pretty effectively. The downside is that I lose a bit of the ability to play matchups late in games.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:18 AM   #123
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm going to give you the infamous, "non-answer". It depends....

I'll tell you what I've done with my Reds....I have 2 LRPs in my bullpen (Alex Wood and Robert Stephenson). When I get a short start from a starter (due to poor performance or fatigue), I plug one of those two guys in for 2-3 innings. That keeps you from having to use 5 arms in one game and allows you a chance to rotate them from game to game. Now, Alex Wood might be my most talented SP aside from Castillo, but with 70 stamina, is more a liability in the rotation. With 70 stamina in a relief role, I can put a bit more effort on his pitches and get a bit more oomph from him. Stephenson is a guy I pitch real well with (did last year too) and he's close to cracking the rotation but in a relief role, his already-good stuff really plays-up and he can be close to dominant.

So far, it's been working well, I usually have a couple of MRP/SU guys near max stamina every game so I can ride those lower-stamina SPs a bit longer on occasion at the risk of him having a short outing the next game.

That's just one way to slice it, and your approach will depend heavily on how your roster is constructed. But the dual-LRP role allows me to handle those shorter outings pretty effectively. The downside is that I lose a bit of the ability to play matchups late in games.
In my ootp franchise stephenson becomes a 5 star player and my ace by 2022. Stud.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #124
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Honestly, I haven't tested the steal sliders to see which one (or both) was the culprit. I see the CPU attempt plenty of steals (somewhat foolishly at times - which I love). The major league average last year was 0.5 SB/G with a 70% success rate, so you should see (again on average) less than a steal attempt per game if you want the team to replicate this era. Just make sure you're working counts with runners on (they will be more hesitant to run with no outs, but much more likely with 1 and 2 outs).
Thanks. I’m getting there....slowly! Never thought I would be playing with Foul Frequency or the Steal sliders at 5 but you and the guys on here have convinced me. Decided I’m going to start my keeper Franchise with Pitcher Control at 6 and go all in. Out of interest which team did you decide on from Bacons Fictional?
Old 05-24-2019, 06:45 PM   #125
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
My thought process behind the power boost was this:

I needed a way to generate more hits and runs for both user and cpu.

I tried the solid hits, pitch control, and even fielder reaction individually, none of which worked.

Then I tried a altering a few of the above at once and it just seemed to predetermine results.

So, I said OK HR totals are closer to .8/game for me, so let’s try that +1.

Yes, I’ve seen more homers, but I’ve also seen more solid contact that results in hit.. if that makes sense. Instead of “Good/good” or “good/ squared up” resulting in shots to a defensive player, they are now finding holes and gaps.

Again could just be limited sample size, but just trying to exhaust all of my variables at the moment.

Again, I’m not purely stats driven, but literally every single game was a pitcher duel. Neither team had scored more than 5 runs in a game previously.
Are you still on power at 6 for the cpu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #126
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

If my batting average is a little high and I feel like hitting is too easy do I knock down contact or bump cpu pitcher control to 7?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #127
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
If my batting average is a little high and I feel like hitting is too easy do I knock down contact or bump cpu pitcher control to 7?
my suggestion is to raise cpu pitcher control. If you lower contact it might impact other hitting elements. Make the cpu pitchers better. You might even have to go to 8 or all the way to 10.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
One more suggestion - on my personal set (but I read all the other threads here) - I raise the pitch speed for both fastball and breaking pitches. My reaction time is altered, and it feels more real to me (I have them set at 6). So this is another option you have as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »