Home

Stealing or Baserunning Agressiveness?

This is a discussion on Stealing or Baserunning Agressiveness? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #1
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Stealing or Baserunning Agressiveness?

For a created player, which one of these attributes affects how often they’ll attempt a steal? I’m assuming the aggressiveness one is for attempting to leg out a double or triple?

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

Last edited by bh446066; 06-24-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Stealing or Baserunning Agressiveness?

Steal is basically the attempt steal slider, aggressiveness is what you meant also helps with the steal jump. Though I’ve found if the aggressive slider is higher number than steal, there’s more chance you get caught stealing for some strange reason. Maybe because they get over aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
For a created player, which one of these attributes affects how often they’ll attempt a steal? I’m assuming the aggressiveness one is for attempting to leg out a double or triple?
Baserunning aggressiveness = how often they will attempt to steal and take the extra base

Steal = steal success

Old 06-27-2019, 02:39 PM   #4
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Baserunning aggressiveness = how often they will attempt to steal and take the extra base

Steal = steal success

I think steal is numbers of steal. If you have it at 0 and aggressiveness up there. Not as much steal as the steal slider would be in higher number. I’ve always used steal slider for attempts while aggressiveness is how aggressive they are around the baselines.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:10 PM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I think steal is numbers of steal. If you have it at 0 and aggressiveness up there. Not as much steal as the steal slider would be in higher number. I’ve always used steal slider for attempts while aggressiveness is how aggressive they are around the baselines.

No. Steal is success, baserunning aggressiveness is both how often they will try to steal and take the extra base.

For example, I just ran a test in simulation with Luke Voit. In my roster, he has a steal rating of 7 and a speed rating of 25. I increased his baserunning aggressiveness from 25 to 99.

In 42 games, he has stolen 4 bases in 14 attempts, while being in the middle/bottom 3rd of the batting order.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
No. Steal is success, baserunning aggressiveness is both how often they will try to steal and take the extra base.

For example, I just ran a test in simulation with Luke Voit. In my roster, he has a steal rating of 7 and a speed rating of 25. I increased his baserunning aggressiveness from 25 to 99.

In 42 games, he has stolen 4 bases in 14 attempts, while being in the middle/bottom 3rd of the batting order.
Cyclonic..your Madden sliders are primo.
So I don’t know if you have any insight on this ...but I can’t find a setting that gives me realistic ( stretching singles into doubles)..you know a runner forcing a throw to second as he slides in...saw it a lot last year..can’t find the right mix between arm strength base runner speed ect...hoping next year base run aggression can be differed differently
Old 08-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #7
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Speed is how fast they move.

Steal is how good they are at getting a jump. This battles a hidden attribute on pitchers (pickoff) similar to how contact and H/9 battle each other. Pitchers with good pickoffs will get generally worse jumps against them. Steal also effects the ability to get back to the bag when a pickoff attempt is made.

Baserunning aggressiveness is a simulation only stat. It impacts how likely a player is to attempt to steal. If you are in control of their steal attempts, this does nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 08-26-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #8
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Speed is how fast they move.

Steal is how good they are at getting a jump. This battles a hidden attribute on pitchers (pickoff) similar to how contact and H/9 battle each other. Pitchers with good pickoffs will get generally worse jumps against them. Steal also effects the ability to get back to the bag when a pickoff attempt is made.

Baserunning aggressiveness is a simulation only stat. It impacts how likely a player is to attempt to steal. If you are in control of their steal attempts, this does nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks for reply..but I was trying to explain the “stretch single to double”.
When a player singles in gap or down line and try’s for two forcing a throw a second base on a close play..exciting play..I haven’t seen it this year but maybe once and most plays like that the runner goes into second base and stands up as he clearly should of slid
I should mention I’m a simulation guy I use game cpu vs cpu franchise
There may be a delicate balance between runners speed...outfield arm strength..outfielder jump...I don’t know but I can’t find it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »