Home

MLB THE SHOW 20: All-Star Directional Hitting & All-Star Classic Pitching Sliders

This is a discussion on MLB THE SHOW 20: All-Star Directional Hitting & All-Star Classic Pitching Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2020, 08:54 AM   #17
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB THE SHOW 20: All-Star Directional Hitting & All-Star Classic Pitching Sliders

Thanks for giving these a test run. Let me know how that goes. Again thanks for trying them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigh0rt
I’m 2 games into giving these a 30 or so game trial. So far very fun. Field feels very big, which I like. Need to definitely recalibrate how many bases I attempt to take on various hits, for sure. Definitely more swing and misses, as well, which is welcome, while batting.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB THE SHOW 20: All-Star Directional Hitting & All-Star Classic Pitching Sliders

About 15 games in I really like them. It could be in my head, but it feels like there's more disparity between good and average pitchers, especially with respect to K/9, both pitching and batting. There's far fewer GIDP, it seems. I'm sticking with this set for now. Really fun with solid parity and realism.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:36 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I have my own slider set (and the ones provided here aren't really close to where I am now) - but wanted to state that I look at all sets to get ideas. I grabbed your idea of umpire balls & strikes as "league average" and that is MUCH better. I notice the pitchers painting the corners a bit better, but still giving up the occasional mistake meatball. But I believe this is a necessary setting. The personalized setting sucked - just a lot of bad calls and I think that also impacts a pitcher's accuracy in some way. Hard to explain, but it's something under the hood that is impacted, I truly believe. Thanks!!
Old 07-13-2020, 05:32 AM   #20
MVP

Houston's Arena

Hey buddy, thanks for trying things out and glad to hear it helped you out with yours. I appreciate the feedback how that alone is helping your set out.

It definitely makes a huge difference in what's getting called. You still get the personality of each umpire, but much closer MLB average calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I have my own slider set (and the ones provided here aren't really close to where I am now) - but wanted to state that I look at all sets to get ideas. I grabbed your idea of umpire balls & strikes as "league average" and that is MUCH better. I notice the pitchers painting the corners a bit better, but still giving up the occasional mistake meatball. But I believe this is a necessary setting. The personalized setting sucked - just a lot of bad calls and I think that also impacts a pitcher's accuracy in some way. Hard to explain, but it's something under the hood that is impacted, I truly believe. Thanks!!
Old 07-13-2020, 02:53 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agree completely on the 'Average' being a much better option to 'Personalized' setting for umpires. There's still plenty of borderline calls in both directions, etc., but it feels better for sure on Average.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 02:12 AM   #22
MVP

Houston's Arena

I started using average for umpires during 2018 because pitch counts in my test CPU vs CPU were extremely high and when I played the CPU myself.

I'm talking 90 pitch count by 7 innings for almost every SP.

So I tried average and it reduced it considerably to a more realistic pitch count per 9 innings. You still will get personalities from the umpires it just closes the gap on close calls that would make pitch counts a lot higher when using the personalized option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigh0rt
Agree completely on the 'Average' being a much better option to 'Personalized' setting for umpires. There's still plenty of borderline calls in both directions, etc., but it feels better for sure on Average.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:20 AM   #23
MVP

Houston's Arena

Baring there is no patch by August 1st I have an update for you guys based off the latest patch 1.15.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #24
Rookie

looking forward for the update houston!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »