Home

Old 04-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #1
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Sliders

What adjusted Sliders are you all using ? Who is not using any at all (playing with default sliders)?
I'm playing Franchise , I do not simulate any games. Want your thoughts /opinions.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders

Try Rmiok222's MLB 20 sliders. They transition perfectly to 21 IMO. The only thing I would change from his last years set (which hes said himself) is putting the HUM and CPU contact at 5

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #3
Rookie

It depends on your skill level, if you're just starting out or just an average player then prolly TNK or Joshc sliders cause they use middle skill level with All Star. If you're more experienced and have faster reaction time or play on a Monitor instead of a TV then you can try some of the Legend sliders and increase pitch speeds to 10.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf142
It depends on your skill level, if you're just starting out or just an average player then prolly TNK or Joshc sliders cause they use middle skill level with All Star. If you're more experienced and have faster reaction time or play on a Monitor instead of a TV then you can try some of the Legend sliders and increase pitch speeds to 10.

Stop with this average/middle skill level crap. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #5
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
What adjusted Sliders are you all using ? Who is not using any at all (playing with default sliders)?
I'm playing Franchise , I do not simulate any games. Want your thoughts /opinions.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
There are a lot of different schools for this. Some stay close to default and some move away from it. They are also not one size fits all.

If you used a set last year, I would start with that then adjust small things as needed. Even if it was a personal set and not one here. I only started sharing mine this year. The game plays very well close to default and only needs some small tweaks in my opinion. I feel that outfield play needs lowered as well as pitcher stamina needing increased amongst other things. Other slider creators have different takes.

A big part of sliders also is the settings that go with the sliders. There are some differing ideologies on the settings and what everyone uses.

What I would recommend is read through all the slider sets for 21, find one that sounds good, then give them a whirl. Play them for about 15 games and by that time you will see small things yourself that you think need changed.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2021, 07:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
Stop with this average/middle skill level crap. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Why are you so defensive about playing at All-Star or lower levels?..its totally fine, its just a predefined skill level that's all. Its not really an opinion, there are different levels of difficulty in The Show..All Star just happens to be the middle of them all, hence an Average skill level. I use to play at All-Star in The Show 15 because I read its the best level but It was too easy..so I tried HOF for 2016 and it was slightly off. So since 2017 I've played only Legend with pitch speeds at 10 cause it matches my skill level. If I played at All-star at pitch speeds at 5 my team would be batting at .400..so not very realistic. So don't get sensitive about playing at a different level, its just what skill level you're at..maybe in the coming years you'll get more practice so you can play at maybe HOF next year?..so goodluck with that buddy.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf142
Why are you so defensive about playing at All-Star or lower levels?..its totally fine, its just a predefined skill level that's all. Its not really an opinion, there are different levels of difficulty in The Show..All Star just happens to be the middle of them all, hence an Average skill level. I use to play at All-Star in The Show 15 because I read its the best level but It was too easy..so I tried HOF for 2016 and it was slightly off. So since 2017 I've played only Legend with pitch speeds at 10 cause it matches my skill level. If I played at All-star at pitch speeds at 5 my team would be batting at .400..so not very realistic. So don't get sensitive about playing at a different level, its just what skill level you're at..maybe in the coming years you'll get more practice so you can play at maybe HOF next year?..so goodluck with that buddy.

You still don’t get it so you? Lmao.. Josh’s sliders has nothing to do with being at a certain “skill level”. It’s the best difficulty that reflects players ratings not users skills. I’ve used armors sliders at HOF it has NOTHING to do with skill. You’re missing the point..

Hey everyone this guy is sooo good I bet he’s undefeated online lmao. Got to bed “buddy”

Old 05-08-2021, 08:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
You still don’t get it so you? Lmao.. Josh’s sliders has nothing to do with being at a certain “skill level”. It’s the best difficulty that reflects players ratings not users skills. I’ve used armors sliders at HOF it has NOTHING to do with skill. You’re missing the point..

Hey everyone this guy is sooo good I bet he’s undefeated online lmao. Got to bed “buddy”

So let me get this straight, so If I play at at All Star level Sliders like JoshC the opponents in my Franchise will have realistic stats but I'll be raking it and basically everyone on my team will be batting .400? because All-Star at pitch speed at default is super easy..how is that any fun..that's not baseball. And I've never played an online game in my life, isn't DD stuff set at a default level that everyone has to follow for it to be fair?. I've seen a bunch of youtube video of people playing online and the pitch speed is slower than molasses, I would fall asleep if I played at that pitch speeds. So really what don't I get?, I should be playing at a skill level way below my abilities and play at a pitch speeds that seem incredibly slow? Do you see my side of all this? or are you just intimidated by someone playing at a much higher level than you and some weird defense mechanisms kicks in? Why don't you play Legend at pitch speeds maxed for like a week or just like 100 at bats..it might make you better cause it forces to concentrate more. I've tried it your way for a whole year and it was a snooze fest and played like arcade baseball and everyone was jacked up on steroids and I had the vision of superman with that slow pitch speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »