Home

Funkycorm’s MLB 21 All-Star Classic/Directional Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm’s MLB 21 All-Star Classic/Directional Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2021, 10:18 PM   #73
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm’s MLB 21 All-Star Classic/Directional Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Re uploaded roster with a bunch more edits. More to my liking.

FM was the base.

File: FMfunky
PSN: Doctordoof36

Now I am done editing. This is it. I said I would not do this but couldn't stop once I started.

This will be my go to roster for long time.
Did you do your formula on them all like your original roster?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:31 AM   #74
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Did you do your formula on them all like your original roster?
I would say it is about 50/50. I threw away my original edits after I finished them so I had to go back and remember what I did. Certainly a lot of what I did was based off of that.

It was more about quick editing that re-doing the entire thing. Especially when I started because I was just editing some random players.

I went a lot based on balancing out everything overall. There are still only about 10 A overall potential prospects and some extra B ones. I went a little more generous with the prospects potentials but there is minimal overload across the board and it should balance well.

I did not test it but it will be drastically decreased inflation issues.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #75
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I downloaded it. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Forgot to respond initially. My bad. Had to watch Hamilton with the wife last night when I read this and then a new page popped up.

I appreciate it. Hope you enjoy them!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 02:57 PM   #76
Rookie

I was able to download it today going to look through it and get my custom 30 team league going. I like the lowered potentials. It seemed if you went through the live rosters there were teams with a crazy amount of good prospects.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #77
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcab0116
I was able to download it today going to look through it and get my custom 30 team league going. I like the lowered potentials. It seemed if you went through the live rosters there were teams with a crazy amount of good prospects.

I appreciate you checking the roster out.

It's not my best work as it was a bit more random than I normally do. Mostly because I had decided against then out of nowhere and me looking at the roster, it starts editing itself through my controller... Lol...

But in a seriousness, the huge amount of high end prospects doesn't lead to a problem in year 1 or 2 but starting in year 3 and onward it gets slowly more noticeable.

I started the second franchise I wanted and will not return to the roster editing this season. I found a couple of small things I changed once I started my second franchise but not enough to go and edit the base file.

I left more B potential players than I normally do but after seeing my Indians file 10 years in, a few more B potentials to start won't impact anything substantial.

I am going to continue with my draft class edits and have been debating a small tweak to them with this roster but I don't know for sure.

These lowered potentials really help long term.

-----
What are you doing for a custom league? Are you rebranding all 30 teams, fictional draft, new stadiums? All of the above? I am curious.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-12-2021, 04:53 PM   #78
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

How do we get the CPU to stop messing with rosters? I took Ridin's roster made it 26 man vs 40 man and then I skip spring training... But when I do that, rosters are all ****ed up.

I thought in previous years, if we had rosters down to 26 man and skipped ST everything stuck... Is that not the case anymore?

Essentially all the work I'm doing now, is useless... WTF! I hope I'm doing something wrong.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:33 PM   #79
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
How do we get the CPU to stop messing with rosters? I took Ridin's roster made it 26 man vs 40 man and then I skip spring training... But when I do that, rosters are all ****ed up.

I thought in previous years, if we had rosters down to 26 man and skipped ST everything stuck... Is that not the case anymore?

Essentially all the work I'm doing now, is useless... WTF! I hope I'm doing something wrong.
So what I have done is just before the end of spring training (usually 3 days before) I will change the rosters to 26 man across all teams I control then fix the lineups. When you go into the regular season, they stick.

As far as starting it, I think you need to actually only have 26 players on the 40 man and have it set to manaul on the profile then I feel like it works. But I am only 75 percent sure on this.

It's a pain though and won't carry into a franchise anymore starting in year 1. Later years it works for some reason though....

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-12-2021, 05:45 PM   #80
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
So what I have done is just before the end of spring training (usually 3 days before) I will change the rosters to 26 man across all teams I control then fix the lineups. When you go into the regular season, they stick.

As far as starting it, I think you need to actually only have 26 players on the 40 man and have it set to manaul on the profile then I feel like it works. But I am only 75 percent sure on this.

It's a pain though and won't carry into a franchise anymore starting in year 1. Later years it works for some reason though....

I checked again because its pissing me off, I actually had 26 players plus injured guys in A... I bet that’s why everything is messed up.

I’ll have to remove those guys and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »