Home

as REAL as IT gets 2021

This is a discussion on as REAL as IT gets 2021 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2021, 01:48 AM   #17
Rookie

Genesio1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: as REAL as IT gets 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Classic pitching and meter pitching are different pitching options tho.

Agreed, thinking the same thing on hitting... I'll see what happens.
Just wondering if you had any luck testing out directional hitting and classic pitching?? How it playing out with the sliders. Cause right now all the slider threads have pretty much gone silent with frustration. The low scoring and chics dig the long ball look seems to be getting to everyone. So I was snooping around and was wondering how these been playing for you?
Old 06-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesio1
Just wondering if you had any luck testing out directional hitting and classic pitching?? How it playing out with the sliders. Cause right now all the slider threads have pretty much gone silent with frustration. The low scoring and chics dig the long ball look seems to be getting to everyone. So I was snooping around and was wondering how these been playing for you?
I did see a little long ball but that is why I found the way to get to AS+ that I posted. That curved it in the right direction. As far as low scores, not so much. But I do want to see some. Not every game can be 12-10 and 9-8.

I have not tried these on directional as others were supposed to and let me know how they played. I built these with Zone in mind as that is how I play. It forces the player to track the pitch and make a decision as opposed to the simple timing of a button but IF you want, plug them in and let me know. I'd be curious also!
Old 06-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Curious to try out your sliders, they should work fine with directional hitting and classic pitching?
As an update... I don't believe these work with classic pitching. They were built with the meter in mind and classic will yield to many walk I'm thinking.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #20
Pro

Do you use any special rosters with these slider sets besides default?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-13-2021, 08:30 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
Do you use any special rosters with these slider sets besides default?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Operation Sports mobile app

Ridin's v.2 his is the BEST
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #22
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Used the previous sliders you had posted (May update) in my franchise and was having a pretty fun time, albeit, pretty low scoring. Hits were actually in line with normality (7-9) in a normal game, but runs were really lacking (too many 2-1's and 1-0's) and my pitching ranks were off the charts (1st in all categories). This was at All-Star for both difficulties.

Changed the settings from your recent update and started blasting the ball early in the game. Actually had to switch to Hall of Fame for batting and after giving up two ER's in the first on All-Star, we didn't give anything up till I switched to Hall of Fame for pitching.

That single bump in HUMAN hitting has swung it from hard to hit to possibly easy, so I think I may have to stick with Hall of Fame hitting or even Legend and Hall of Fame pitching.

I also kept injuries at 10 since that's what armor does in his. So far every team has injuries and some even have major injuries through three weeks in April. It's a lot in terms of injuries, but it's pretty realistic in my opinion.

Enjoy the sliders...
Old 06-16-2021, 01:49 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Used the previous sliders you had posted (May update) in my franchise and was having a pretty fun time, albeit, pretty low scoring. Hits were actually in line with normality (7-9) in a normal game, but runs were really lacking (too many 2-1's and 1-0's) and my pitching ranks were off the charts (1st in all categories). This was at All-Star for both difficulties.

Changed the settings from your recent update and started blasting the ball early in the game. Actually had to switch to Hall of Fame for batting and after giving up two ER's in the first on All-Star, we didn't give anything up till I switched to Hall of Fame for pitching.

That single bump in HUMAN hitting has swung it from hard to hit to possibly easy, so I think I may have to stick with Hall of Fame hitting or even Legend and Hall of Fame pitching.

I also kept injuries at 10 since that's what armor does in his. So far every team has injuries and some even have major injuries through three weeks in April. It's a lot in terms of injuries, but it's pretty realistic in my opinion.

Enjoy the sliders...
The only thing I'd ask is are the cameras being used "outfield" for hitting/pitching. I find this makes the look authentic but also completely changes your approach at the plate. Trying to gage boarder line pitches from that view is WAY DIFFERENT then trying to from 1st person perspective.

I'd suggest that before bumping up levels... Hard to give advice for levels I don't play on. I play All-Star + so that is the other question. IF your playing on straight All-Star then it would play to easy. I built these on keeping ALL the stats in line with the CPU and competing for awards and the All-Star game...

Last edited by pantherfan076; 06-16-2021 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:28 AM   #24
Rookie

Trying to go in a whole DIFFERENT direction... front page is UPDATED but testing continues...

I'm trying to get the long ball with "real" amount of hits to be more of the focus as in today's game. The hope is that the scores may raise a little but NOT drastically.

ALSO, I want to see the outer BS ring ( that should NOT be in the game) have less to little influence. Hit the ball when the reticle is on or touching it... NOT when it's completely on the other side of the zone!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »