Home

S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2021, 12:57 AM   #553
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

So after sweeping the Angels at home and feeling good we go on a 6 game road trip and it was a disaster. Swept by the Blue Jays, scores of 4-0, 3-0, and 4-3. Weekend series in a red hot Phillies team we lose games one and two 9-4, and 6-5 (I walked in the walk off win in the 11th). Game three we hold on to win 9-6 to finish the road trip 1-5!

My starting pitching ERA is 4.47 and bullpen is 3.50era so there is my problem. Chris Sale my supposed ace is 3-6 5.08era. Garret Richards is 3-4 5.53era. Eovaldi is still on the IL for nearly another month. Meanwhile except a couple guys my bullpen has been lights out.

A 5 game homestand next with two vs Atlanta (20-27) then three vs the Marlins (20-27). The Rays and Yankees are practically tied leading the division and I've fallen to third and 3 games back at 27-21.

And I'm not gonna lie I've lowered cpu contact to 2 and the Phillies did what they did to me lol. I'm personally going to keep it at 2 for a while and look at the cpu stats after a good 15-20 games at least. So for anyone who may be struggling pitching like me try it for yourself. Phillies had 13, 14, and 9 hits the three games lol. But they were red hot coming in. A really tough team, and combined with my poor SP it was very very difficult to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 07-27-2021, 03:51 AM   #554
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Swept the Braves in the quick two game set. Braves were opposite of Phillies coming in playing poorly with multiple hitters on a cold streak. Game one I held them to 4 hits with Garrett Richards pitching 5.1ip giving up all 4 hits. Bullpen was once again fantastic. However I couldn't hit either with only 6 total. I won the game on a walk off single by Dalbec. Final score 1-0.

Game two Soroka had my number striking out 10. Martin Pérez went 6.1ip 5 hits and 1er with 6k. Braves with 9 hits to my 5 hits. However it was a 3 run 6th, including a 2 run homer by Kiké Hernández that was enough for a 3-2 win. Barnes gave up a homerun in the 9th to Freeman, then walked a guy. I had to pull him out as I was worried about blowing the game. Brasier comes in for the last two outs and gets his 1st save of the season.

A huge fight for the division only 1.5gb now of Yankees, and 1gb of Rays in 2nd. Yankees have slid going 5-5 last 10 luckily for me as I'm also 5-5 now last 10. A three game set vs Marlins next that will put us right at the end of May and draft time. Should get those played by tmrrw. After that it's back on the road for 7 games. 4 @ Astros who now has Osuna and lead the MLB in batting average. And then three games @ Yankees in our first series of the season. Not going to lie, I'm going to be very weary headed in the long road trip vs both of those dangerous hitting teams.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-27-2021 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:12 AM   #555
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yeah I would keep consistency at 3 lol

You might be right. I used the 4th pitcher. So I would like to play a few more games at 0/2 with quick counts off to see if it was me or just one of those games. As much as I like how I can get a game in under 30 minutes with quick counts on. It takes me out of the rhythm of the game. For me I like to have a blank slate with each new batter, not last night, but previously before I used quick counts I did not have an issue getting 6-10 strikeouts. So I will sacrifice 30 minutes for 2-4 more strike outs. Pitch speeds at 8 feel good for me too. I like that when I throw a swing and miss pitch it actually looks like it was going faster. At 5/5 on a swing and miss the just looked like floaters to me.

But it’s great to see everyone making the small adjustments to fit their liking while still getting the same results as others. Just shows how dynamic the game can be.

Side note. For you guys who play NHL. Try out my sliders if you’re looking for realistic stats and feel.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-xbox-one.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2021, 09:23 AM   #556
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
You might be right. I used the 4th pitcher. So I would like to play a few more games at 0/2 with quick counts off to see if it was me or just one of those games. As much as I like how I can get a game in under 30 minutes with quick counts on. It takes me out of the rhythm of the game. For me I like to have a blank slate with each new batter, not last night, but previously before I used quick counts I did not have an issue getting 6-10 strikeouts. So I will sacrifice 30 minutes for 2-4 more strike outs. Pitch speeds at 8 feel good for me too. I like that when I throw a swing and miss pitch it actually looks like it was going faster. At 5/5 on a swing and miss the just looked like floaters to me.

But it’s great to see everyone making the small adjustments to fit their liking while still getting the same results as others. Just shows how dynamic the game can be.

Side note. For you guys who play NHL. Try out my sliders if you’re looking for realistic stats and feel.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-xbox-one.html
Yeah I agree with you on the pitch speed. I use 9/9 for pitch speeds. When DeGrom throws a swing and miss fastball at 101, it LOOKS fast. Matt Moore's 89 mph fastball looks slow. There is more disparity with higher pitch speeds, in my head at least. And yeah regarding your 4th starter, my last post I had my 4th starter cruising into the 7th. I was winning 3-0 and he only gave up 2 hits. And then all of a sudden I left him in one batter too long and bam, Marlins throw up 7 runs on me and I lose 7-6. I think the consistency at 2 for you and myself who aren't using QC is too low. You will 100% still walk guys with consistency at 3, and get your strikeouts, too.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:13 AM   #557
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

If I wasn't already late on 95mph+ fastballs with default pitch speed I would love to raise it myself lol. I do like the idea of seeing 99+ really looking and feeling like it's that fast. JG, once you run into a team like I did the Phillies who were 9-1 last 10 and 3-5 batters in their lineup with the fireball symbol I can't imagine you won't get crushed at least two of three games lol.

Northmen I do play NHL. I see you use Pro difficulty as well so I'll definitely give those a try. I have my own sliders but they're 6min periods aimed for quick games with enough goals and shots on goals. I know some of my stats are way off real life though lol. I'll play some games in my Avalanche dynasty using yours though. They honestly look really good! I just kinda dread the idea of 10min periods lol.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:13 AM   #558
Pro

OVR: 0

I don't know how folks that use QC can state a first pitch strike %

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2021, 10:16 AM   #559
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
I don't know how folks that use QC can state a first pitch strike %

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You can't. I tested games without QC to get first pitch strike percentages as close as possible to real life MLB average. 0/3 is best setting to use so you're not completely wild too much. You can get a few backwards Ks, and still walk a realistic amount.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #560
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
If I wasn't already late on 95mph+ fastballs with default pitch speed I would love to raise it myself lol. I do like the idea of seeing 99+ really looking and feeling like it's that fast. JG, once you run into a team like I did the Phillies who were 9-1 last 10 and 3-5 batters in their lineup with the fireball symbol I can't imagine you won't get crushed at least two of three games lol.

Northmen I do play NHL. I see you use Pro difficulty as well so I'll definitely give those a try. I have my own sliders but they're 6min periods aimed for quick games with enough goals and shots on goals. I know some of my stats are way off real life though lol. I'll play some games in my Avalanche dynasty using yours though. They honestly look really good! I just kinda dread the idea of 10min periods lol.

Haha yeah remember I hit from a broadcast cam so it isn't the same. It's still pretty fast and I'm late on flame throwers but your standard fastball I react appropriately. And yes, I'm ready to play a team whose hot! The Nats, Phillies, Marlins, and now the Phillies again are all under .500. Other than me, the Braves are the only NL east team over .500.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »