Home

S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #561
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

About to play in about 10min and stream. Game one vs Marlins, game #51. Let's see if Chris Sale can get his shhh together and have a good game at home!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-27-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2021, 01:31 PM   #562
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
About to play in about 10min and stream. Game one vs Marlins, game #51. Let's see if Chris Sale can get his shhh together and have a good game at home!

We win game one 8-5 with a total of 6 homeruns to lead the way. Two by Renfroe, and two by Vasquez. All but two were no doubters so not worried about power at 4. I was getting perfect swings. Just an anomaly imo.

Marlins had 12 hits and I only struck them out 7 times, including Brasier striking out the side in the 8th.

Chris Sale was once again awful. Only going 4.1ip giving up 10 hits and 4er with 2bb and only one strikeout. I'm so tempted to send his butt to AAA for a few starts to get this cold streak over with cause it's not fun pitching with him. I haven't been able to locate his slider all year. If Eovaldi wasn't on the IL he would definitely be sent down for some AAA starts. I did it with Brasier for half of May and since returning he's been great.

Luckily my bullpen locks down or we wouldn't have close to the amount of wins we do.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #563
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I need a SP bad! Another loss, 4-3 to the Marlins. All runs given up by starter Pivetta who made his first start of the season since I'm desperate to find some resemblance of good starting pitching. Only gave up 6 hits but two homeruns and 3rbi by Duvall alone beat me. I was trying to pitch around him the second time and ended up leaving a meatball for him to crush his 2nd homer.

I recalled Tanner Houk and sent Sale down for at least two starts in AAA. Maybe Tanner can do some good and I keep him up and send down Richards or something. Definitely will be in the hunt for a trade come the deadline but the way I do trades it's not 100% I'd get anyone to help out.

I am loving the challenge though. Very realistic feel not being top 5 in every pitching category like I usually am every year with this game. My offense is very good however, leading in batting average and top 5 in almost all categories except homeruns where I'm middle of the pack. Just not fun feeling like I have to score at least 5 runs nearly every game to win. But that's very realistic and the challenge is welcomed!

Old 07-27-2021, 05:02 PM   #564
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I need a SP bad! Another loss, 4-3 to the Marlins. All runs given up by starter Pivetta who made his first start of the season since I'm desperate to find some resemblance of good starting pitching. Only gave up 6 hits but two homeruns and 3rbi by Duvall alone beat me. I was trying to pitch around him the second time and ended up leaving a meatball for him to crush his 2nd homer.

I recalled Tanner Houk and sent Sale down for at least two starts in AAA. Maybe Tanner can do some good and I keep him up and send down Richards or something. Definitely will be in the hunt for a trade come the deadline but the way I do trades it's not 100% I'd get anyone to help out.

I am loving the challenge though. Very realistic feel not being top 5 in every pitching category like I usually am every year with this game. My offense is very good however, leading in batting average and top 5 in almost all categories except homeruns where I'm middle of the pack. Just not fun feeling like I have to score at least 5 runs nearly every game to win. But that's very realistic and the challenge is welcomed!

Time to move up pitch speed to make that offensive production a bit more level 😉
Old 07-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #565
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Time to move up pitch speed to make that offensive production a bit more level
I probably should move it up to 6/6 I agree lol. I am the Red Sox though who irl are top 5 in a lot of offensive stats as well so it's not completely unreasonable. I'm middle of the pack in homeruns so not like I'm hitting those a ton. Just a good all around hitting team for average. And Fenway produces aot of doubles in this game. I will take your advice though and raise pitch speeds up by one to start.

Back on for the rubber match vs the Marlins now!

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-27-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2021, 06:18 PM   #566
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Up to everyone but I have made a change to sliders raising injury slider up to 9 for played games. Probably will eventually go up to 10.

Pretty rare to have injuries in games played and as I look around the league there are so many and I kind of feel bad I rarely see one. In the three games played at 9 there hasn't been any yet. Really wish there was an injury severity slider on this game. Again up to everyone if they want to raise it or not. Definitely is a need for more injuries in played games imo.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:50 PM   #567
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Upadate

Started a franchise with Toronto. Im 6-4 and im loving it. Currently this is the most fun ive had with '21.

Im on 4/3/3 and vetren hitting/ legend pit. but its plenty of challenge for me.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2021, 08:43 PM   #568
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Up to everyone but I have made a change to sliders raising injury slider up to 9 for played games. Probably will eventually go up to 10.

Pretty rare to have injuries in games played and as I look around the league there are so many and I kind of feel bad I rarely see one. In the three games played at 9 there hasn't been any yet. Really wish there was an injury severity slider on this game. Again up to everyone if they want to raise it or not. Definitely is a need for more injuries in played games imo.

I was wondering the same. Will follow suit. Wife at a bachelorette party Thursday-Sunday!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »