Home

S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2021, 09:36 PM   #569
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

Took the rubber match vs Marlins, winning 3-2 in 11 innings on a walk off drawn walk with bases loaded. I lost a game @ Philly the same way so we're even now lol.

Just finished game one of the four game set @ Houston. I clobbered them 10-3 final on 12 hits (2 hr, 10 singles). They had 9 hits, with 2hr. Last 10 games we're hitting .272 and cpu is hitting .264. Phillies really drove that up as the Marlins and Braves stunk it up a couple games. We lead the MLB in batting average (.266) with Phillies (.260) and Astros (.258) right behind.

I think as long as I'm not 10+ points above the 2nd place team it feels okay with it being Boston. Certainly will have another cold spell eventually. This team has very good contact rated hitters for sure. My lowest average hitter for my starters is Céspedes batting .240, but only Franchy Cordero is batting .301 and no one else even in the .290s. All my bench players have low averages but not many at bats of course.

One thing I didn't even realize and forgot I had done. I've had cpu pitcher consistency at 3 for a while to see how it went. Idk how long it's been on 3 but definitely a while. Anyway I have drawn a lot of walks recently. Last 12 games average of 5.33 walks per game. Last two games were 11 and 8 drawn walks. I know quick counts plays a factor into this but it is a bit high.

Idk how much of a difference it would make from cpu consistency at 2 or 3, really hard to say but I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to raise it or not. I've apparently had it there for a while and never realized so the difference must not be very noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-27-2021 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:46 PM   #570
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Streaming exhibition game.

Pitch speeds 8/8
All Star batting
Control/Consistency 0/3

See if I can get the bats going.

Last edited by northmen24; 07-27-2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:57 PM   #571
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Took the rubber match vs Marlins, winning 3-2 in 11 innings on a walk off drawn walk with bases loaded. I lost a game @ Philly the same way so we're even now lol.

Just finished game one of the four game set @ Houston. I clobbered them 10-3 final on 12 hits (2 hr, 10 singles). They had 9 hits, with 2hr. Last 10 games we're hitting .272 and cpu is hitting .264. Phillies really drove that up as the Marlins and Braves stunk it up a couple games. We lead the MLB in batting average (.266) with Phillies (.260) and Astros (.258) right behind.

I think as long as I'm not 10+ points above the 2nd place team it feels okay with it being Boston. Certainly will have another cold spell eventually. This team has very good contact rated hitters for sure. My lowest average hitter for my starters is Céspedes batting .240, but only Franchy Cordero is batting .301 and no one else even in the .290s. All my bench players have low averages but not many at bats of course.

One thing I didn't even realize and forgot I had done. I've had cpu pitcher consistency at 3 for a while to see how it went. Idk how long it's been on 3 but definitely a while. Anyway I have drawn a lot of walks recently. Last 12 games average of 5.33 walks per game. Last two games were 11 and 8 drawn walks. I know quick counts plays a factor into this but it is a bit high.

Idk how much of a difference it would make from cpu consistency at 2 or 3, really hard to say but I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to raise it or not. I've apparently had it there for a while and never realized so the difference must not be very noticeable.

Honestly, I have drawn more walks with control and consistency at default for the CPU. At default the CPU will pitch to corners on hot hitters or highly rated hitters. If I'm patient, I can draw more walks cause they are hitting their spots....just outside the zone. However, I think that would be one reason I can't play with QC. I feel like I am missing too much of the chess match that is baseball. So much of baseball is a slow burn and small events, actions or thoughts build up throughout individual games, series and seasons. To each their own on how they play but I play every pitch, every inning and get through full seasons and love every minute of it.....so, yea, I have had good luck drawing walks when cpu pitching is near or at default

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2021, 11:31 PM   #572
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Re: S &am p;a m p; B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
Honestly, I have drawn more walks with control and consistency at default for the CPU. At default the CPU will pitch to corners on hot hitters or highly rated hitters. If I'm patient, I can draw more walks cause they are hitting their spots....just outside the zone. However, I think that would be one reason I can't play with QC. I feel like I am missing too much of the chess match that is baseball. So much of baseball is a slow burn and small events, actions or thoughts build up throughout individual games, series and seasons. To each their own on how they play but I play every pitch, every inning and get through full seasons and love every minute of it.....so, yea, I have had good luck drawing walks when cpu pitching is near or at default

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yeah possibly the higher consistency setting it is the more walks I will draw but who knows. It's all about being patient, even with quick counts you still have to be very patient to draw walks. QC has a small part into it imo. Most counts still start 1-1, which is where most at bats end up without QC anyway. Not very often do you get 3-1 or even 3-2. Overall I still say your stats will relatively be equal using QC or not in the long run of a season. Nonetheless it probably gets me 1-2 extra walks in a game here and there but I wouldn't say every game.

I'm 9th in drawn walks (202) with 54 games played (3.74bb/game is a fair amount). And even with the 0 control/3 consistency setting for myself I'm still 1st in least issued walks (152...2.81bb/gm so a bit low) by only 2 with QC. If I don't use it I know I would have issued far less than 152. A big reason why I ever started using it was so I actually issued walks in the game. Granted some of this has to do with how the cpu fouls off pitches too much regardless of difficulty. They definitely foul off quite a bit of would be ball fours. Nothing we can do about that.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-27-2021 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:02 AM   #573
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Lately I can’t get off the mound. I’ll be upwards to 10 pitches on some guys. When the CPU is in defensive swing mode it’s like they make contact with everything that they swing at. And sooner or later turn one into a hit. I gave up 17 hits with a decent pitcher. Maybe that’s just the way it goes sometimes. I don’t know.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:00 AM   #574
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Lately I can’t get off the mound. I’ll be upwards to 10 pitches on some guys. When the CPU is in defensive swing mode it’s like they make contact with everything that they swing at. And sooner or later turn one into a hit. I gave up 17 hits with a decent pitcher. Maybe that’s just the way it goes sometimes. I don’t know.
I watched a bit of the game and saw that 5th inning. You definitely can't try to force a pitcher through an inning. Once he gave up a base runner in the 5th he was done, especially with the pitcher is tired notification along with it. Use mound visits as well to help. I know you like the clean screen but I highly recommend turning on the pitch display so you can see the stamina and confidence bar. At least until you get a good feel on what's happening by visually seeing it first. The display goes away as soon as you select the pitch to throw anyway so it's really not in the way.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:20 AM   #575
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
I watched a bit of the game and saw that 5th inning. You definitely can't try to force a pitcher through an inning. Once he gave up a base runner in the 5th he was done, especially with the pitcher is tired notification along with it. Use mound visits as well to help. I know you like the clean screen but I highly recommend turning on the pitch display so you can see the stamina and confidence bar. At least until you get a good feel on what's happening by visually seeing it first. The display goes away as soon as you select the pitch to throw anyway so it's really not in the way.

Yeah I think that’s a good idea. I’m going to turn the strike zone back on too.

I moved pitch speeds back up to 8/8 and 9/9 but I found it harder to get base hits. Obviously user timing is more crucial with faster speeds. I might hit 3-5 base hits a game and everything else is deep fly outs or home runs. As much as I like the higher pitch speeds they just don’t work for me with the rest of the sliders. I will play a few more games to confirm this and make sure it wasn’t just me on a bad night. I just have to find the right number for me between 5/5 and 9/9. 7/7 jumps out as a starting point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2021, 08:59 AM   #576
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Yeah, and here's my two cents. I play with a clean screen like you, but I forgot I do have this one feature on that I'm too lazy to figure out how to turn off. But it could probably work to your advantage. I go off feel for everything too, but somewhere buried in the menu settings, there must be a setting like "alerts" or something. Because when I'm pitching, I'll get a yellow alert at the top right part of the screen that says, "your pitcher is tiring." Usually, I can tell that anyway and I'll make my own decision on what to do with him, but that is a good way to tell the game is officially making it known that your pitcher is tired, and I'm assuming it makes it harder to pitch or something. With this alert on, you can play with your clean screen and still be aware when your pitcher is officially tired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »