Home

Able to get swings and misses without effecting overall offensive production?

This is a discussion on Able to get swings and misses without effecting overall offensive production? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Able to get swings and misses without effecting overall offensive production?

Is this possible in this game? My stats look good other than strikeouts due to the severe lack of swing and misses on the game. Too many weak grounders and pop ups. Not enough swing and misses like we see irl, therefore I am dead last by a lot in strikeouts as a team.

My only thought is vision attributes are extremely too high still. Using Cy's roster so been edited already so...

I tried to lower contact to zero for both teams last game and still only saw a few swing and misses. Very rarely does a player, user or AI swing and miss unless it's outside the strikezone.

Any one have a solution or is this one of those legacy issue deals? I want wayyyyy more strikeouts, especially swing and misses. But I don't want to see all the weak contact on top of that, therefore the entire offense takes a dump.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Able to get swings and misses without effecting overall offensive production?

I'm seeing plenty of swings and misses from both myself and the cpu.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Re: Able to get swings and misses without effecting overall offensive production?

What is your team ranking in strikeouts for and against? I'm only a month in my season but enough to see being over 30 strikeouts less than the 2nd to last team is an issue. And as a team I'm tied for 1st in least amount of times struck out.

Stats are fine, hits homeruns, era, runs scored. Just low strikeout numbers due to rare swing and misses from my prospective. I just get the bad feeling there isn't much I can do without sacrificing offensive stats.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

I've played 23 franchise games so far. I have my own slider set which I'm sure you're aware of, but basically I play classic / directional on HOF with max pitch speeds.

Getting struck out

The Indians are in 1st with 134, the Red Sox are in 17th with 174 and the Braves (ME) are in 30th with 234. I have trouble picking up the low ball and I swing at way too many of them but it's not exactly easy on HOF with max pitch speeds, and some of my players are off to a slow start and have the snowflake icon.

Striking them out

The Angles are in 1st with 215, the Braves (ME) are in a 2 way tie for 19th with 169 and the Tigers are in 30th with 148.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
I've played 23 franchise games so far. I have my own slider set which I'm sure you're aware of, but basically I play classic / directional on HOF with max pitch speeds.

Getting struck out

The Indians are in 1st with 134, the Red Sox are in 17th with 174 and the Braves (ME) are in 30th with 234. I have trouble picking up the low ball and I swing at way too many of them but it's not exactly easy on HOF with max pitch speeds, and some of my players are off to a slow start and have the snowflake icon.

Striking them out

The Angles are in 1st with 215, the Braves (ME) are in a 2 way tie for 19th with 169 and the Tigers are in 30th with 148.
Your stats are practically the same as mine with the Braves also. I use Zone on Legend, though. I don't have pitch speeds maxed like I usually do. What's funny is on maxed out pitch speeds my eye and discipline is infinitely better. I can spit on a lot of great pitches, but I can't react with the zone in time half of the time, so I have to keep my pitch speeds down. The issue with me is on lower pitch speeds the ball doesn't look as natural so I am swinging at junk that I would easily take on max pitch speeds.

I could go back to Directional with max pitch speeds, but I am enjoying zone right now. I am dead last in K's when hitting with around 450 while the next worst team is around 380. Then pitching I am middle of the pack, but the Braves aren't stacked with strikeout pitchers.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter

Getting struck out

Striking them out

Yeah for sure looked at everyone's sliders in here lol. Your stats are pretty solid! I play Legend for pitching and use classic as well. Maybe lowering to HOF would help. I assume so. But I don't want to completely dominate in pitching nearly every game either.

Raising pitch speeds would actually probably be best way to increase strikeouts for me. I just use default 5 and I am way late still plenty of times I think. If I used 10 I would strike out way too much. At 5 I'm still only tied for 1st in least strikeouts, so not far off from being middle of the pack. Old man reflexes I guess. I will raise it to 6 for sure though!

Does raising pitch speed effect the AI timing at all? I would love it if so but I doubt it.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yeah for sure looked at everyone's sliders in here lol. Your stats are pretty solid! I play Legend for pitching and use classic as well. Maybe lowering to HOF would help. I assume so. But I don't want to completely dominate in pitching nearly every game either.

Raising pitch speeds would actually probably be best way to increase strikeouts for me. I just use default 5 and I am way late still plenty of times I think. If I used 10 I would strike out way too much. At 5 I'm still only tied for 1st in least strikeouts, so not far off from being middle of the pack. Old man reflexes I guess. I will raise it to 6 for sure though!

Does raising pitch speed effect the AI timing at all? I would love it if so but I doubt it.

It doesn't impact their timing at all. It also doesn't impact anything else like the stealing success rate. I know in the past people have wondered that.

― Plato
Old 06-13-2021, 02:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Is this possible in this game? My stats look good other than strikeouts due to the severe lack of swing and misses on the game. Too many weak grounders and pop ups. Not enough swing and misses like we see irl, therefore I am dead last by a lot in strikeouts as a team.

My only thought is vision attributes are extremely too high still. Using Cy's roster so been edited already so...

I tried to lower contact to zero for both teams last game and still only saw a few swing and misses. Very rarely does a player, user or AI swing and miss unless it's outside the strikezone.

Any one have a solution or is this one of those legacy issue deals? I want wayyyyy more strikeouts, especially swing and misses. But I don't want to see all the weak contact on top of that, therefore the entire offense takes a dump.

Using mine: as REAL as IT gets! I now see plenty. I had to adjust because it was to much for me at times where my SP 4 or 5 were getting 9+ Ks and I could never get out of the assist celler. Now I got them where my ace does what he does but Dallas gets his groundballs finally!

The main thing is foul frequency. This has to be low on the sliders because of the ridiculous outer ring. I recently saw a ball fouled off where the CPU swing didn't even have the ball in the outer zone?

Last edited by pantherfan076; 06-13-2021 at 02:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »