Home

S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2022, 06:33 PM   #1265
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

Hey guys long term lurker here. You might remember me from your 2020 thread and then I disappeared. Long story short I was playing MLBTS and we had a thunderstorm that knocked out the power and my entire PS4 crashed. I was devastated. I've never completed a season before but that year was the furthest I ever made it. I was like 10 games after the AS break. I couldn't get into MLB 21 but this year has got me hooked. I'm actually using one of your much earlier versions of sliders, but with tweaks to my own liking. I don't necessarily stat chase, but I love competition. I want that feeling no matter what I do, there are games I just won't win. So I'm 31-23 now, 3.5 games ahead of the Braves having an absolute ball. I've had two big losing streaks, two big winning streaks, high scoring games, low scoring games, and legit everything in between. It's been a stressful blast.

With that said, I don't want to screw up anything regarding roster stuff. I play as the Mets. I know the game of baseball like the back of my hand, but roster stuff I'm not the best at. Trevor May has been an absolute f*cking nightmare and I need him to go. I tried to sign a free agent but I get an error that says I can't afford it. Like it's the Mets hello Cohen money. Anyway, if I designate him for assignment and he leaves, do I retain his salary and I still won't be able to afford a new player. I was offering somebody a year for 1.5 million. I had not made any moves of any kind before that. So does that mean I have to do a trade in order to get somebody, or is there a way to increase my budget or something? Don't mean to hijack this thread, just have always loved your guys' thread better than everyone else's. Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2022, 06:39 PM   #1266
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic/Quick Counts MLB 22 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Use what is working for you for hitting. For pitching, yes drop to Allstar for these to work as intended.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
So I'm 5 innings into my first game vs the Orioles (I'm blue jays). .. Losing 8 4! 11 hits on my end 8 to the orioles. Only 1 hr so far. I gave up 7 in the third... Having a blast though!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2022, 08:56 PM   #1267
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Hey guys long term lurker here. You might remember me from your 2020 thread and then I disappeared. Long story short I was playing MLBTS and we had a thunderstorm that knocked out the power and my entire PS4 crashed. I was devastated. I've never completed a season before but that year was the furthest I ever made it. I was like 10 games after the AS break. I couldn't get into MLB 21 but this year has got me hooked. I'm actually using one of your much earlier versions of sliders, but with tweaks to my own liking. I don't necessarily stat chase, but I love competition. I want that feeling no matter what I do, there are games I just won't win. So I'm 31-23 now, 3.5 games ahead of the Braves having an absolute ball. I've had two big losing streaks, two big winning streaks, high scoring games, low scoring games, and legit everything in between. It's been a stressful blast.

With that said, I don't want to screw up anything regarding roster stuff. I play as the Mets. I know the game of baseball like the back of my hand, but roster stuff I'm not the best at. Trevor May has been an absolute f*cking nightmare and I need him to go. I tried to sign a free agent but I get an error that says I can't afford it. Like it's the Mets hello Cohen money. Anyway, if I designate him for assignment and he leaves, do I retain his salary and I still won't be able to afford a new player. I was offering somebody a year for 1.5 million. I had not made any moves of any kind before that. So does that mean I have to do a trade in order to get somebody, or is there a way to increase my budget or something? Don't mean to hijack this thread, just have always loved your guys' thread better than everyone else's. Thanks!!
Glad you are liking our sliders. With budgets on, there are a couple of teams that are in the red for budget. The Mets and Dodgers. Which is dumb that the game does that. There is no real life salary cap. Unfortunately, you are better off trading Trevor May to a team that would give you the cheapest player back in return to help your budget. And I am not sure if they would even let you trade if it’s not going to get you out of red. I hope it won’t say can not trade due to budget constraints.

There isn’t a way to increase your budget except for sponsors.

If you release May, it will tell you what you would have to pay for the penalty.

Let us know if you have any questions. I know Steve is using the Mets so I’m not sure how he’s handling it.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-02-2022, 08:57 PM   #1268
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
So I'm 5 innings into my first game vs the Orioles (I'm blue jays). .. Losing 8 4! 11 hits on my end 8 to the orioles. Only 1 hr so far. I gave up 7 in the third... Having a blast though!

Is that on Allstar pitching? Crazy how going to Allstar with these changes makes the cpu more dangerous than HOF.

Braves Franchise

Old 08-02-2022, 09:22 PM   #1269
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Glad you are liking our sliders. With budgets on, there are a couple of teams that are in the red for budget. The Mets and Dodgers. Which is dumb that the game does that. There is no real life salary cap. Unfortunately, you are better off trading Trevor May to a team that would give you the cheapest player back in return to help your budget. And I am not sure if they would even let you trade if it’s not going to get you out of red. I hope it won’t say can not trade due to budget constraints.

There isn’t a way to increase your budget except for sponsors.

If you release May, it will tell you what you would have to pay for the penalty.

Let us know if you have any questions. I know Steve is using the Mets so I’m not sure how he’s handling it.
Well that is super lame and makes no sense to me lol. I guess I'll play around with my AAA and AA guys and see if I can get somebody else up. I've sent him down once for a while but it didn't help. He doesn't even have a snowflake. I just can't pitch with him so maybe I'll send him down for good. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-02-2022, 09:31 PM   #1270
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Well that is super lame and makes no sense to me lol. I guess I'll play around with my AAA and AA guys and see if I can get somebody else up. I've sent him down once for a while but it didn't help. He doesn't even have a snowflake. I just can't pitch with him so maybe I'll send him down for good. Thanks for the help!
How far are you in red on your budget?

Braves Franchise

Old 08-02-2022, 09:44 PM   #1271
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I am 45-37 with the Mets currently and I had same problem with Trevor May lol. Early in the year Curtiss was injured and I brought up Joely Rodriguez. He has been so good for me, era under 2 good.

So when Curtiss came back I sent Trevor down instead with his 6.63era. Well just last night I brought him back and sent Curtiss down who has been awful since returning. He's over 6era now and giving up homeruns. Trevor had 13 appearances in AAA with a 3.48era in 10.1ip. Not great but figure I would give him another chance.

Chasen Shreve is on the IL now for me and I have Claudio up so I can still gave two lefties in the bullpen. He's been okay, but Joely has been lights out all year.

The off-season will be tough cause I assume we will have to cut payroll some. Idk if we can trade anyone or not but I hope so cause I need a power bat and another bullpen arm wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2022, 04:12 AM   #1272
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Is that on Allstar pitching? Crazy how going to Allstar with these changes makes the cpu more dangerous than HOF.
Yeah thats all star! Clean screen aproach classic pitching

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »