Home

S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2022, 08:54 AM   #1273
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
How far are you in red on your budget?
Good question, I have no idea I'll check out later on today after work. I ended up doing what the Mets did in real life as far as getting Michael Givens. He was in AAA for the Cubs but a 70 overall. I don't know if this is a terrible trade in real life but I really don't care lol. I gave them Trevor May (74 overall) and D prospect for their 3B needs and they accepted. I rarely ever do trades. I normally pick up FAs or use the farm system, so this was kinda cool actually. I know getting rid of him saved me some money too.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:02 AM   #1274
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I am 45-37 with the Mets currently and I had same problem with Trevor May lol. Early in the year Curtiss was injured and I brought up Joely Rodriguez. He has been so good for me, era under 2 good.

So when Curtiss came back I sent Trevor down instead with his 6.63era. Well just last night I brought him back and sent Curtiss down who has been awful since returning. He's over 6era now and giving up homeruns. Trevor had 13 appearances in AAA with a 3.48era in 10.1ip. Not great but figure I would give him another chance.

Chasen Shreve is on the IL now for me and I have Claudio up so I can still gave two lefties in the bullpen. He's been okay, but Joely has been lights out all year.

The off-season will be tough cause I assume we will have to cut payroll some. Idk if we can trade anyone or not but I hope so cause I need a power bat and another bullpen arm wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
haha that's great to hear I'm not the only one. My hitting stats are perfect as far as team totals. In literally every single hitting stat, I'm between 5th and 10th place for the league, even walks. And I'm not even the least striking out team this year, I'm in 8th for that. I'm getting some amazing stats that I don't normally care about, but because the game is playing so well I guess that is a side effect. Now my pitching has been worse. I have a team 4.32 ERA good for like 25th. So I'm struggling a bit there but I'm top ten in strikeouts, and have not walked the fewest batters in the league, another cool stat that I usually lead in- a testament to how well the game is playing. My starters all have been generally decent. DeGrom and Scherzer a smidge over their career ERAs, but #2 and #3 in strikeouts, respectively, which is pretty cool. I actually use David Peterson as long term relief arm as a lefty. I just never pitch that well in this game with lefties. And I ALSO am doing great with Joely with his 3.12 ERA this year. Edwin has been lights out all year, but the rest of the bullpen is in the 4-5 ERA range, which is suspect. I could definitely use another bullpen arm as well. The way I play is if the Mets don't start with a guy, I manually injure them at the start of the season (unless it's a superstar, like DeGrom). So I won't use Curtiss lol. Chasen Shreve I put back down to AAA and Claudio I haven't tried yet either.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:28 AM   #1275
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
haha that's great to hear I'm not the only one. My hitting stats are perfect as far as team totals. In literally every single hitting stat, I'm between 5th and 10th place for the league, even walks. And I'm not even the least striking out team this year, I'm in 8th for that. I'm getting some amazing stats that I don't normally care about, but because the game is playing so well I guess that is a side effect. Now my pitching has been worse. I have a team 4.32 ERA good for like 25th. So I'm struggling a bit there but I'm top ten in strikeouts, and have not walked the fewest batters in the league, another cool stat that I usually lead in- a testament to how well the game is playing. My starters all have been generally decent. DeGrom and Scherzer a smidge over their career ERAs, but #2 and #3 in strikeouts, respectively, which is pretty cool. I actually use David Peterson as long term relief arm as a lefty. I just never pitch that well in this game with lefties. And I ALSO am doing great with Joely with his 3.12 ERA this year. Edwin has been lights out all year, but the rest of the bullpen is in the 4-5 ERA range, which is suspect. I could definitely use another bullpen arm as well. The way I play is if the Mets don't start with a guy, I manually injure them at the start of the season (unless it's a superstar, like DeGrom). So I won't use Curtiss lol. Chasen Shreve I put back down to AAA and Claudio I haven't tried yet either.
My team ERA is 2.93 which is 1st in the league. Interesting to see your different team stats. Not home to look but I know I'm 1st in strikeouts with deGrom and Scherzer #1, #2. Joely ERA is below 2. Díaz has blown a couple saves but overall been dominant.

My team batting is where I'm low. Pete Alonso missed 60 games early on. He's back now luckily. But because of that I'm like 26th in homeruns, but was 29th forever before he came back. I'm good batting average wise, but because of lack of homeruns we are near the bottom for runs scored. Pitching has definitely carried us, but with Alonso back the hope is we can score more runs and go on a big win streak.

Unfortunately I just lost my last two games. Houston beat me 2-1, the Texas beat me 5-4. A 3 run homer killed me vs Texas. Homer given up by Curtiss who was sent down for Trevor after the game lol.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 08-03-2022 at 03:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2022, 03:09 PM   #1276
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Quote:
My team ERA is 2.93 which is 1st in the league. Interesting to see your different team stats. Not home to look but I know I'm 1st in strikeouts with deGrom and Scherzer #1, #2. Joely ERA is below 2. Díaz has blown a couple saves but overall been dominant.

My team batting is where I'm low. Pete Alonso missed 60 games early on. He's back now luckily. But because of that I'm like 26th in homeruns, but was 29th forever before he came back. I'm good batting average wise, but because of lack of homeruns we are near the bottom for runs scored. Pitching has definitely carried us, but with Alonso back the hope is we can score more runs and go on a big win streak.

Unfortunately I just lost my last two games. Houston beat me 2-1, the Texas beat me 5-4. A 3 run homer killed me vs Texas.

That is awesome to hear. I had a winning streak in the beginning of the year and got nervous because I generally know how this game plays out by now. But with dynamic difficulty on, it did get super competitive and I went on a losing streak and the last 20 or so games I would say have been pretty back and forth- lots of fun. Last night I was losing 5-1 in the 8th, and by the bottom of the 9th made it 5-5 and then won in the 10th. The variety I'm getting is outrageous. Some days I dominate, and some days I'm dominated. I'm playing with dynamic difficulty on and it really has curbed lengthy streaks now, which I like. Alonso batting .289 with 22 HR and 52 RBI through 55 games, leading the AL and NL in both. I love when I can get star players to shine. In years' past, I would struggle with some of the superstars but not with Alonso. Come to think of it- I need a way to back up this save file. I don't have a PS + account, so can I just buy a USB and save it to that as a backup?
Old 08-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #1277
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
That is awesome to hear. I had a winning streak in the beginning of the year and got nervous because I generally know how this game plays out by now. But with dynamic difficulty on, it did get super competitive and I went on a losing streak and the last 20 or so games I would say have been pretty back and forth- lots of fun. Last night I was losing 5-1 in the 8th, and by the bottom of the 9th made it 5-5 and then won in the 10th. The variety I'm getting is outrageous. Some days I dominate, and some days I'm dominated. I'm playing with dynamic difficulty on and it really has curbed lengthy streaks now, which I like. Alonso batting .289 with 22 HR and 52 RBI through 55 games, leading the AL and NL in both. I love when I can get star players to shine. In years' past, I would struggle with some of the superstars but not with Alonso. Come to think of it- I need a way to back up this save file. I don't have a PS + account, so can I just buy a USB and save it to that as a backup?
Save it to the cloud. I had same thing happen to me just the other day. Power went out. Lost all save data for all my games. Luckily I had a cloud save and only had to replay two games.

When you go to save there's an option that says upload to cloud. I use it so I can load it up on the Switch and update rosters within my franchise on there when not able to play on ps4. But it saved me big time. Idk if I could've restarted a Mets season again.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #1278
Rookie

Jaybirdy2337's Arena

OVR: 0

Cool to see some fellow Mets Franchise guys in here. Been having a blast so far as I’m about to close out May.

Good surprises so far: Dom Smith (.994 OPS!), Cano hitting over .300 vs righties, Nick Plummer and Khalil Lee both looked awesome in brief stints when some guys were out with injuries. Whole rotation has been money, Peterson (2.15 era in 30 ip), Walker (1.99 era in 40 ip) in particular have been having breakout seasons. Along with the bullpen for the most part - Joely Rodriguez (0.70 era) has been so reliable vs both lefties and righties with that change up!

My biggest bust of the year has been Starling Marte who has been absolutely dreadful at the plate (ops under 500). He has started to lose playing time but still gets opportunities due to his stellar defense.

My pitching stats have been really, really good but I feel like it’s more of a product of the Mets pitching staff and a relatively easy schedule in April and May. We’ve been getting hit around more lately and I’m excited to use some of the tweaks that have been floated around here the past couple days.

Keep grind fellas, LFGM
Old 08-03-2022, 03:36 PM   #1279
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Quote:
Save it to the cloud. I had same thing happen to me just the other day. Power went out. Lost all save data for all my games. Luckily I had a cloud save and only had to replay two games.

When you go to save there's an option that says upload to cloud. I use it so I can load it up on the Switch and update rosters within my franchise on there when not able to play on ps4. But it saved me big time. Idk if I could've restarted a Mets season again.

Yeah that was an awful day, lol. And thanks I didn't know that!
Old 08-03-2022, 03:42 PM   #1280
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirdy2337
Cool to see some fellow Mets Franchise guys in here. Been having a blast so far as I’m about to close out May.

Good surprises so far: Dom Smith (.994 OPS!), Cano hitting over .300 vs righties, Nick Plummer and Khalil Lee both looked awesome in brief stints when some guys were out with injuries. Whole rotation has been money, Peterson (2.15 era in 30 ip), Walker (1.99 era in 40 ip) in particular have been having breakout seasons. Along with the bullpen for the most part - Joely Rodriguez (0.70 era) has been so reliable vs both lefties and righties with that change up!

My biggest bust of the year has been Starling Marte who has been absolutely dreadful at the plate (ops under 500). He has started to lose playing time but still gets opportunities due to his stellar defense.

My pitching stats have been really, really good but I feel like it’s more of a product of the Mets pitching staff and a relatively easy schedule in April and May. We’ve been getting hit around more lately and I’m excited to use some of the tweaks that have been floated around here the past couple days.

Keep grind fellas, LFGM
LFGM yes! And dude Marte for me, as well- dreadful! Batting .192 with 2 HR and 12 RBI so he's been relegated to just playing against lefties. He has been a tick better as of late, but still. Can't hit with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »