Home

S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2022, 08:56 AM   #1297
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic/Quick Counts MLB 22 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
BLUF- Does anyone use clean screen with these? If so, what human pitching sliders do you use……….Tried these and really love the base. Best playing and variety I’ve seen this cycle. Only issue I need help with is I am a die hard clean screen guy. Control 0 and consistency 3 seems a bit like they beat the hell outta me (I’m the cubs). I normally dominate on HOF and HOF+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've always played with clean screen and no vibration. Not only that, I set up a custom camera from behind the pitcher when I'm hitting so it's like an actual baseball broadcast. I use dynamic difficult and after 57 games I kind have hovered at All Star + for both pitching and hitting. For both human control and consistency, I'm at 3. I play with the Mets and my ERA as a team is 4.29, so I definitely get knocked around. But what's cool is I'm now 4th in the league in strikeouts and 9th in walks, so the strikeouts are absolutely there and the lack of control is still there. Meatballs kill me. The most telling stat in my franchise is I'm 25th in HR given up. That's what's killing me. Every once in a while I want a pitch nowhere near the strike zone, and it still goes right down the middle and that's that.

Last edited by JG1986; 08-05-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:22 AM   #1298
Rookie

swissballer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

First of all, thank you very much for your effort and "preliminary work" that you have done in creating this slider set. I've been using it for a few weeks (now with the unofficial adjustments a few posts above) and I'm really enjoying it!

I have just one question: I tend to switch from directional hitting to zone hitting, but I've found that with zone hitting I can't get my runners on the bases to be "moved" by further hits from the following players. Do you think there is a slider I can use to adjust this a little bit (solid hits maybe?). I am grateful for the smallest hint.

Otherwise, the stats are still perfect.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:26 PM   #1299
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissballer
First of all, thank you very much for your effort and "preliminary work" that you have done in creating this slider set. I've been using it for a few weeks (now with the unofficial adjustments a few posts above) and I'm really enjoying it!

I have just one question: I tend to switch from directional hitting to zone hitting, but I've found that with zone hitting I can't get my runners on the bases to be "moved" by further hits from the following players. Do you think there is a slider I can use to adjust this a little bit (solid hits maybe?). I am grateful for the smallest hint.

Otherwise, the stats are still perfect.
Glad you are liking the slider set so far. Are you meaning like you can’t get hits with runners on?

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-05-2022, 01:28 PM   #1300
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonefan84
So im back after a visit from the future inlaws for a week, and upon thinking about it I've decided I wanna try to speed my franchise along more due to lack of time to get deep into one playing every game, so im gonna start swimming some, but still want to play a decent chunk of them.

With that im going all out for the realism. I decided to start playing cpu games as a testing ground. I've made the switch to timing hitting. I decided to try a game straight default how, I was orioles vs blue jays. I won 10-5, and there was a lot of hrs, in fact all 5 of the jays runs were solo shots. Then i plug in these sliders and did mets vs reds and wow what a difference. Ended up winning 4-3 on a walkoff hr in the 9th by McCann. I kept my settings for cpu hitting where I had them before my break, with solid hits at 8 and human consistency at 4. I really loved how they felt. Will continue to try them.

My only issue is the fielding though. I feel like too many errors are happening, I see one per game each team, and my leader in errors is the Padres at 66 in 112 games. 1 per game may be too high, amd the fact it's always the infield that commits them concerns me a little. Wondering if there's something I could do about that. Other than that I'm loving this set
Throwing errors correct? We have it at 10 just to get errors close to realistic. Kinda just have to ignore the type of errors and just look at it as errors only. You can always lower it from 10 though for whatever you prefer. Plenty of room to move it down in order to get the amount of errors you're wanting.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-05-2022, 01:41 PM   #1301
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonefan84
So im back after a visit from the future inlaws for a week, and upon thinking about it I've decided I wanna try to speed my franchise along more due to lack of time to get deep into one playing every game, so im gonna start swimming some, but still want to play a decent chunk of them.

With that im going all out for the realism. I decided to start playing cpu games as a testing ground. I've made the switch to timing hitting. I decided to try a game straight default how, I was orioles vs blue jays. I won 10-5, and there was a lot of hrs, in fact all 5 of the jays runs were solo shots. Then i plug in these sliders and did mets vs reds and wow what a difference. Ended up winning 4-3 on a walkoff hr in the 9th by McCann. I kept my settings for cpu hitting where I had them before my break, with solid hits at 8 and human consistency at 4. I really loved how they felt. Will continue to try them.

My only issue is the fielding though. I feel like too many errors are happening, I see one per game each team, and my leader in errors is the Padres at 66 in 112 games. 1 per game may be too high, amd the fact it's always the infield that commits them concerns me a little. Wondering if there's something I could do about that. Other than that I'm loving this set
You can always lower throwing errors like Steve said. Don’t matter what you do, you will not be able to see more outfield errors or infield bobbles errors. You start raising fielding errors, you get more missed dives or bobbles that lead to infield hits instead of actual errors. MLB real life, the teams average from .33 to .70 errors per game in 22. So pretty much averaging 1 total error each game from both teams combined.

Braves Franchise

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2022, 02:42 PM   #1302
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I updated the OP with our changes. Also made some adjustment suggestions if the CPU is too dangerous for your preference. I am actually trying 7/5/5/7 for cpu hitting. My pitching stinks lol.

Braves Franchise

Old 08-05-2022, 04:33 PM   #1303
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I updated the OP with our changes. Also made some adjustment suggestions if the CPU is too dangerous for your preference. I am actually trying 7/5/5/7 for cpu hitting. My pitching stinks lol.

Yeah Steve is an animal with pitching lol. I’m on 7/5/7/8 myself currently. I feel like that’s as high as I can go with everything until it gets too difficult.

“Too difficult”…. Something id never thought I’d say about cpu offense in this game!

**chefs kiss**

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-05-2022, 05:31 PM   #1304
Rookie

Jaybirdy2337's Arena

Played a classic last night in the first of four in LA. 2-2 game in the 8th, Mookie takes me deep. Then I tie it top 9: https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabBelovedS...XJfuTmZTNQOsCG

But Dodgers get last laugh in the bottom half: https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousEnc...NRvl5uXNkZ7ygy

Streaming game 2 now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »