Home

Will MLB The Show 23 Release Earlier Than Normal?

This is a discussion on Will MLB The Show 23 Release Earlier Than Normal? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

We're a few weeks away from 2023, which will bring excitement in all forms. In this...

Written By: Cory Dell

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2022, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will MLB The Show 23 Release Earlier Than Normal?

If they do t upgrade graphics/player models this will be helge first time in MANY years I will not take off work and get the game. I have personally drawn the line there. Hope I’m surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Love The Show franchise, but hoping they can make the leap this year with graphics on the next gen consoles and presentation. Specifically when it comes to presentation, aspects like adding aerial shots outside of the stadium, updated city skylines (plus fix the "jagged" Gateway Arch in St. Louis), new home run animations on the jumbotrons (many are dated), an on-field correspondent like Heidi Whatney (but revamped version), in-game animations like "web gems" or highlights package at the start of the 6th inning. Also, bring back Sounds of the Show. Would like to have add walk up batter music, home run and end of game music.
Old 12-19-2022, 07:08 PM   #4
Rookie

I feel MLB The Show is slowly creeping into Madden land in terms of small and over sold changes year to year that do not materially change the game in any significant way. I have found myself, over the past 3 years, playing less and less of each new release. For example, the Show's Diamond Dynasty is the best card building game on the market IMO...I barely touched it this year. I abandoned MUT a couple of years ago...grinding these modes with the same old boring challenges is something I'm not going to do anymore. Playing the CPU is a snooze fest so I'm basically down to playing online ranked head to head games with stock rosters...
Old 12-19-2022, 08:08 PM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I remember the march 13 release date in 2020 too well. it was a depressing day I had the game. spring training had just shutdown. and I had the day off work that day in what was Friday the 13th.

I played that game for a good 2 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2022, 12:23 PM   #6
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz2
I feel MLB The Show is slowly creeping into Madden land in terms of small and over sold changes year to year that do not materially change the game in any significant way. I have found myself, over the past 3 years, playing less and less of each new release. For example, the Show's Diamond Dynasty is the best card building game on the market IMO...I barely touched it this year. I abandoned MUT a couple of years ago...grinding these modes with the same old boring challenges is something I'm not going to do anymore. Playing the CPU is a snooze fest so I'm basically down to playing online ranked head to head games with stock rosters...

Seriously. I love this game but so much is still wrong with presentation and crowds and it’s pure laziness. I use the Padres and nearly the entire crowd is wearing blue and white jerseys. No brown and yellow. Also whenever Blake Snell pitches they always show fans holding up “Snellzilla #24” signs. He wore that in spring training when he first arrived years ago. He has always been #4.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »