Home

MLB The Show 23 Releases on March 28, Xbox Game Pass on Day One

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Releases on March 28, Xbox Game Pass on Day One within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2023, 11:24 AM   #33
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 23 Releases on March 28, Xbox Game Pass on Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I think I am going to just roll with the Gamepass version this year. I like to play regular season games on my Pro in the bedroom and playoff and rivalry games on the PS5 on the big TV and setup. However, the cloud upload/download works maybe 50% of the time. It's aggravating to have that itch to play and then I try to download my franchise save and it doesn't work. I usually just play something else. Playing on the XBSX is a one stop deal and it's on gamepass. Plus I will be only be playing "next gen" version with all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Not debating whether to buy or subscribe, its a personal preference. I prefer gamepass for the show now because I am certainly not going to buy a game I play for a few weeks then discard when I can just "rent" it for the year on gamepass. I still buy plenty of games. It's just the Show just doesn't have the staying power it used to for me like OOTP does (which I buy yearly). I don't play diamond dynasty, I'm a franchise only player, and its been pretty much the same mode for a long long long time.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:57 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I think what he is trying to say is once NCAA releases next year a massive portion of MLB The Show's player base will disappear. Some for good and others will come back in the winter or the following year. People are going to have more options when it comes to sports games next year. Pick and choose your battles basically.
count me in that boat.
baseball is my favorite sport but I only started playing Show year round with Show 14 and I didnt have a new cfb game every fall. if ea's new fb game is comparable to the old cfb, thats cutting my Show time completely in half

A Work in Progress
Old 01-31-2023, 01:53 PM   #35
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Not debating whether to buy or subscribe, its a personal preference. I prefer gamepass for the show now because I am certainly not going to buy a game I play for a few weeks then discard when I can just "rent" it for the year on gamepass. I still buy plenty of games. It's just the Show just doesn't have the staying power it used to for me like OOTP does (which I buy yearly). I don't play diamond dynasty, I'm a franchise only player, and its been pretty much the same mode for a long long long time.
I think that Gamepass makes a lot of sense for many here who feel like The Show has gotten a bit stale. I enjoy The Show. I really do. I probably play hundreds of games a year. But I agree with many here on the issues with the game. For me personally, immersion is my number 1 thing. If Show 23 could marry up with MLB2Ks presentation it would be perfect for me. I'd have no issue paying 70$ for The Show because I know I get the value back. But if it's basically the cost of a Gamepass subscription and I don't have to deal with the rigamarole of uploading/downloading my franchise then it's a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2023, 02:04 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
March 28th seems late for a release. Wasn’t it released around like the 14th-17th last year?

April 5th 2022
Old 01-31-2023, 03:16 PM   #37
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Ugh I have a feeling we won’t see any graphical improvements because of XB1/PS4 still getting releases
If that holds true this may be the first year I skip release and I have paid for every version from the beginning!

This game still does not look anywhere near what a sports game on PS5 should look like.

The great gameplay improvements every year is just not enough for me anymore.

Makes me sad!

Last edited by tnixen; 01-31-2023 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:07 PM   #38
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
its really only a small difference in money when you factor in exchange rates between us$ and australia$, and thats because of the importing charge of bringing into australia.
70 us dollars converted to australia is 99$
& 125 australia dollars converted to us is 88$
LOL it is digital!!! how does one 'import' a digital game and change you more?? just so you know our digital version of games is always $20 sometime $30 more then physical copies but MLB the show we NEVER get a physical copy so I don't want hear that excuse either.

my trick is to use my US account and pay for the game and I save a lot of money that way buying amazon PSN cards.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:25 PM   #39
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
count me in that boat.
baseball is my favorite sport but I only started playing Show year round with Show 14 and I didnt have a new cfb game every fall. if ea's new fb game is comparable to the old cfb, thats cutting my Show time completely in half
I'm also in that same boat. Once NCAA drops MLBTS will be on the back burner for me depending on what develops next year.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:27 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
MLB The Show 23 Releases on March 28, Xbox Game Pass on Day One

Nvm

Curious as to what time Thursday they’ll announce the collector edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-31-2023 at 05:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »