Home

Uniforms in MLB The Show 23 appear to have gotten a noticeable graphical upgrade.

This is a discussion on Uniforms in MLB The Show 23 appear to have gotten a noticeable graphical upgrade. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2023, 11:01 PM   #1
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Uniforms in MLB The Show 23 appear to have gotten a noticeable graphical upgrade.

This comparison I made highlights a number of improvements to the look of uniforms. First of all just getting an new overall style, with the collar and looser fitting pants is a new template. They've even added old-style equipment like the glove and cleats. The texture is much more apparent and looks like it is actually made of wool. The older model looks like clay in comparison. The cloth also appears to sit on the body much more naturally and doesn't look stiff or bulky.

Still have yet to see how it animates but from these stills, it already looks like a massive improvement. Excited to see if they've added real-time cloth simulation so it can react to movement or even the wind realistically. Overall I'm very happy with how this looks, considering the look of the uniforms in previous games never looked great to me. Good job SDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2023, 12:22 AM   #2
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Uniforms in MLB The Show 23 appear to have gotten a noticeable graphical upgrade.

Nicely done. Great to see.

Please announce all team names and city's that come with the classic uniforms.
I hope we have an option of no helmet flaps to go with these classic uniforms.
Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 02-07-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:09 AM   #3
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Uniforms in MLB The Show 23 appear to have gotten a noticeable graphical upgrade.

These new jerseys are looking pretty phenomenal. Too bad the grass and dirt didn't get any love from graphic designers on those screens.
大谷 翔平 #17
Shohei Ohtani
It's ThaGreatMuta
Old 02-07-2023, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

It's such a small detail, but where the shirt is tucked is a very big difference. In MLB 22, it looks so stiff and symmetrical.

Much more of a natural flow in the 23 photos. Gives me some hope that there are some cloth physics.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:43 AM   #5
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayheykid01
It's such a small detail, but where the shirt is tucked is a very big difference. In MLB 22, it looks so stiff and symmetrical.

Much more of a natural flow in the 23 photos. Gives me some hope that there are some cloth physics.
This was always one of my biggest gripes with the old model. The tuck just looks unnaturally straight. It kills the illusion of it being cloth and in combination with the smooth, plastic-y texture, it look like hard clay as opposed to soft polyester. Fixing that alone is a huge upgrade. And cloth physics would take it to the next level.

Last edited by breakfastcat; 02-07-2023 at 12:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2023, 11:44 AM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

The collar on the KC uni…..great job SDS.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Love those old Negro League uniforms. Wonder if they can be used in Play Now/Franchise or are they just in the new mode on the History of the Negro Leagues?
Old 02-07-2023, 04:57 PM   #8
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Those look fantastic! Any photos of the current-day unis yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »