Home

How will they handle Ohtani for 2024?

This is a discussion on How will they handle Ohtani for 2024? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
How will they handle Ohtani for 2024?

He won’t. Be pitching next year

They may make him a DH only because if they make him a 2 way player there is no way to remove him from the pitching rotation. And if you do he will end up in the BP.

So I think he won’t be a 2 way player because of the roster updates will be forced to have him in the pitching rotation or BP,

I’m having the issue now with the off season roster and he’s gonna be on the pitching staff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2023, 10:20 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: How will they handle Ohtani for 2024?

My guess is that he will be a position player only in the base roster set, but you will have the ability within franchise mode to convert him back to a two-way player.
Old 12-27-2023, 03:45 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
He won’t. Be pitching next year

They may make him a DH only because if they make him a 2 way player there is no way to remove him from the pitching rotation. And if you do he will end up in the BP.

So I think he won’t be a 2 way player because of the roster updates will be forced to have him in the pitching rotation or BP,

I’m having the issue now with the off season roster and he’s gonna be on the pitching staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
My guess is that he will be a position player only in the base roster set, but you will have the ability within franchise mode to convert him back to a two-way player.
I hope this is the way they handle him Country Boy, but if they dont maybe we can zero out all of his pitching attributes to zero and that will be enough to keep LA from pitching him.
#44Syracuse
Old 12-27-2023, 05:05 PM   #4
MVP

The game in the past has used previous seasons to calculate primary position and secondary positions.

He will be a DH/pitcher. My guess is OF will be secondary. His durability as a pitcher should be far less than DH but I'm not sure whether they will get that detailed.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:39 PM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I hope this is the way they handle him Country Boy, but if they dont maybe we can zero out all of his pitching attributes to zero and that will be enough to keep LA from pitching him.
Would the cpu still try and use him in the bp though?

I don’t think
A secondary position can be. Pitcher only a primary one

I think I’ll just have him as a DH and upgrade him near the end of the year if he happens to pitch. Major pain for roster creators if that’s what happens.

As for 2023 he will just have to be in the dodgers rotation and pretend it’s 2025 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2023, 09:47 PM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I think he'll still be a pitcher. They don't remove injured players from the game, why would they remove Ohtani's primary position?

Also, DH is only a position in DD. In Franchise, it's not. And they aren't going to give Ohtani OF as a primary position.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2023, 11:36 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I think he'll still be a pitcher. They don't remove injured players from the game, why would they remove Ohtani's primary position?

Also, DH is only a position in DD. In Franchise, it's not. And they aren't going to give Ohtani OF as a primary position.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Why?? Because it will mean he has to be in the dodgers rotation or bp, typically they put injured players on AAA which they won’t do if he’s DH only.
Old 12-28-2023, 05:51 AM   #8
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

It's way long overdue DH be a listed primary position, and not just because of Shohei. Marcell Ozuna, Andrew McCutchen, Joey Meneses, Eloy Jimenez, Jorge Soler, Justin Turner and J.D. Martinez primary should all be Designated Hitter.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »