Home

Franchise Mode and Realism Issues Cured by The Rockies.....?

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode and Realism Issues Cured by The Rockies.....? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2024, 06:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Franchise Mode and Realism Issues Cured by The Rockies.....?

I've been in and out of this forum for at least a decade now. Safe to say the MLB "how's your franchise going" thread is my go to. I check out the occasional Madden, Fifa or NBA franchise but for me MLB has always been the go to franchise for me and immersion is everything. Reading CB's Cards franchise every year like clockwork and I always get so excited to start my own. Unfortunately I usually can get a season, maybe 2 into my own before I switch teams due to a lack of "realism."

I convince myself the moves I made or the moves the CPU made are too outrageous and I've got to restart. I'll never forget I started a franchise back in 18 or whatever year he was a FA, with San Diego and signed Manny Machado and after a few games said this isn't realistic and quit.... wow SMDH.

Well I think I've finally been cured. I started a franchise with the Rockies back in December and safe to say I will probably run with this until 24 comes out.

I'm finishing off a last place finish in the Division playing 1 game of every series (proud of myself for that) we finished with 71 wins. But now I've reached the offseason and this is normally where I stress trying to stay realistic and honestly can say I have no idea what's realistic when it comes to Colorado. Feel I can confidently say they wouldn't pursue Ohtani or Snell. But they could very easily spend nothing and at the same time blow 200 mil on Bellinger for no rhyme or reason a la Kris Bryant. I think I've finally gotten to a point where I can accept it's my world and not stress over being too outlandish because that basically sums up the Rockies. No one knows what the hell they're thinking or planning. It's a total crapshoot and it's made the franchise a blast!

Last edited by ChaseB; 02-07-2024 at 07:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2024, 06:42 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Mode and Realism Issues Cured by The Rockies.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
I've been in and out of this forum for at least a decade now. Safe to say the MLB "how's your franchise going" thread is my go to. I check out the occasional Madden, Fifa or NBA franchise but for me MLB has always been the go to franchise for me and immersion is everything. Reading CB's Cards franchise every year like clockwork and I always get so excited to start my own. Unfortunately I usually can get a season, maybe 2 into my own before I switch teams due to a lack of "realism."
I convince myself the moves I made or the moves the CPU made are too outrageous and I've got to restart. I'll never forget I started a franchise back in 18 or whatever year he was a FA, with San Diego and signed Manny Machado and after a few games said this isn't realistic and quit.... wow SMDH.
Well I think I've finally been cured. I started a franchise with the Rockies back in December and safe to say I will probably run with this until 24 comes out.
I'm finishing off a last place finish in the Division playing 1 game.og every series (proud of myself for that) we finished with 71 wins. But now I've reached the offseason and this is normally where I stress trying g to stay realistic and honestly can say I have no idea what's realistic when it comes to Colorado. Feel I can confidently say they wouldn't pursue Ohtani or Snell. But they could very easily spend nothing and at the same time blow 200 mil on Bellingwr for no rhyme or reason a la Kris Bryant. I think I've finally gotten to a point where I can accept it's my world and not stress over being too outlandish because that basically sums up.the Rockies
No one knows what the hell they're thinking or planning. Its a total crapshoot and it's made the franchise a blast!
Great post.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:45 PM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I'm finishing off a last place finish in the Division playing 1 game.og every series (proud of myself for that) we finished with 71 wins. But now I've reached the offseason and this is normally where I stress trying g to stay realistic and honestly can say I have no idea what's realistic when it comes to Colorado. Feel I can confidently say they wouldn't pursue Ohtani or Snell. But they could very easily spend nothing and at the same time blow 200 mil on Bellingwr for no rhyme or reason a la Kris Bryant. I think I've finally gotten to a point where I can accept it's my world and not stress over being too outlandish because that basically sums up.the Rockies
No one knows what the hell they're thinking or planning. Its a total crapshoot and it's made the franchise a blast!
Very nice. For '24 there is a good chance I'm rolling with the Rockies. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-06-2024, 06:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks guys. Was just thinking about it over lunch today as I'm waiting till I get the kids to bed to start my 1st offseason. That being said any suggestions for The Rockies. Tovar came up after AS break and played well, .278 with 4 bombs and 35 RBI's in a platoon up until September. Zac Veen will probably break opening day with the club.
What makes sense to yall? Got my.own ideas but maybe you have something I didn't think of?

Last edited by Bgrd1080; 02-06-2024 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:57 PM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Franchise Mode and Realism Issues Cured by The Rockies.....

“……I can accept it's my world and not stress over being too outlandish because that basically sums up.the Rockies
No one knows what the hell they're thinking or planning. It’s a total crapshoot and it's made the franchise a blast!…..”

Accepting the game and having a blast. Bottom line. My winter ball Reds trying to catch the first place Cubs…..four game set I’ve lost the first 3…..offff. And it was a blast. Tense, blown saves, etc. it’s actually a better game when you struggle and don’t load up your team full of super stars. My opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2024, 06:58 PM   #6
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

This is a great and very accurate post lol.

We all run into those same issues of “is this really realistic?”

Mainly with trades for me. But it’s always good to remember, that IRL there are a ton of trades that make you think “wtf are they doing?!”

Rockies signing Bryant is a great example. Makes no sense, but they did it anyway lol.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now!
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 02-06-2024, 07:06 PM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Thans guys. Was just thinking about it over l7nch today as I'm waiting till I get the kids to bed to start my 1st offseason. That being said any suggestions for The Rockies. Tovar came up after AS break and played well, .278 with 4 bombs and 35 RBI's in a platoon up until September. Zac Veen will probably break opening day with the club.
What makes sense to yall? Got my.own ideas but maybe you have something I didn't think of?
As you go through the off season, new free agents usually pop up here and there. Under the radar type of players that might make sense for your team. Plus you have the rule 5 draft you might be able to pluck a few guys for cheap off of that list. Rockies don't spend much so finding position players for cheap is a must. You should be able to get good production from McMahon or you could trade him to a team for pitching. Rockies have like zero pitching.

I try to keep my franchise trades realistic because it's too easy to rip off the other teams.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-06-2024, 07:19 PM   #8
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

One year I rolled with the Rockies, I stripped the everyday players away to the bare bones, then rebuilt everything from the ground up with elite pitching. I lost the NLCS but I had a blast doing it. I wonder what Nolan Jones ratings will look like on the default roster. I don't expect him to be rated mid 90's like MLB23's Last Live Roster has him, but if he is, I'd probably trade him away and try to get as much as possible for him, since his stock is so high, and I don't beleieve he will still have a crazy high rating come October. But yeah, I'd rebuild Colorado with great pitching, because you can plug anyone in to hit at Coors. I know only half your games are in Colorado, but still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »