Home

Will there be batting cages?

This is a discussion on Will there be batting cages? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Will there be batting cages?

Will there be batting cages in RTTS or any other mode so we can practice taking swings with a player in franchise. I know that we can take swings before a game but it would add to the experience if we could go to the batting cages and practice a new batting stance. NBA 2k does something similar with shootaround where you can practice when you change your shooting form or just want to take a few shots around the court you don't get any attribute bonus but it is very useful when you are not sure if its the right form for you. This could help with timing and help those new folks new to the game having trouble with hitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Cd_LNQSgc

I think this could work well in The show

Last edited by zello144; 03-07-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Banned

The_Duke's Arena

Re: Will there be batting cages?

I would like to see a pre game batting practice for the player lock feature in franchise mode. Plus the option to wear the practice jerseys instead of the full uniform. And even better have a coach do the pitching from behind the L screen. Too bad we're never going to see any of this though.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #3
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Duke
I would like to see a pre game batting practice for the player lock feature in franchise mode. Plus the option to wear the practice jerseys instead of the full uniform. And even better have a coach do the pitching from behind the L screen. Too bad we're never going to see any of this though.
And you know this... how?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Maybe I misunderstood this, and if I did I apologize, but don't the coaches already do the pitching from behind the L screen every game..? Unless you are referring to something different that I totally missed.

I would like to see the practice jerseys before the game, too. Just added details. Batting cages would be an amazing addition as well if done right. I can't imagine it won't be in at some point down the road.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #5
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Batting cages would be a nice addition for sure..so I can practice at will.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #6
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

For some reason, reading the title of the thread reminds me of the beginning of the World Series baseball commercial with Pedro Martinez from the DreamCast. Not sure why, but that commercial has stuck with me through all these years

New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by ckarlic; 03-08-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #7
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
I wouldn't say never, just maybe not the 1st year on the PS4.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
For some reason, reading the title of the thread reminds me of the beginning of the World Series baseball commercial with Pedro Martinez from the DreamCast. Not sure why, but that commercial has stuck with me through all these years
...thanks, i think i'll go dust off the dreamcast and pop this in...may play a little space channel 5 while i'm at it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »