Home

VITA and PS4

This is a discussion on VITA and PS4 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 12:05 AM   #33
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: VITA and PS4

Wait a sec...

So, when doing remote play with a Vita when in your own home, is it actually relying on your internet connection or is it good enough to merely be connected to the same wi-fi network?

I'm thinking of buying a Vita. It'd be nice to play PS4 games on a handheld when I'm lying down before bed. Or just to play PS4 games when my wife is watching "Pretty Little Liars" or whatever terrible Netflix show she is binge-watching at the moment.

However, my internet connection has never been good enough to have great experiences playing online.

So I'm not sure if that means remote play isn't viable for me, or if simply having the two devices under the same roof on the same Wi-fi network means that they can interact with each other just fine without relying on my actual internet speed/connection.

Any input?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Wait a sec...

So, when doing remote play with a Vita when in your own home, is it actually relying on your internet connection or is it good enough to merely be connected to the same wi-fi network?

I'm thinking of buying a Vita. It'd be nice to play PS4 games on a handheld when I'm lying down before bed. Or just to play PS4 games when my wife is watching "Pretty Little Liars" or whatever terrible Netflix show she is binge-watching at the moment.

However, my internet connection has never been good enough to have great experiences playing online.

So I'm not sure if that means remote play isn't viable for me, or if simply having the two devices under the same roof on the same Wi-fi network means that they can interact with each other just fine without relying on my actual internet speed/connection.

Any input?
This article should help clear things up:

http://thevitalounge.net/remote-play-explained/

In your case you'd either be using ad-hoc or networked to connect, depending how far away you are from your PS4 in your house. Both of these options do not rely on your internet connection so speed won't be a problem. If you ever do get a 25/5 or 50/10 and up connection at home, you could move up to infrastructure or cellular and play outside of your home while on the go.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #35
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I seriously don't get why this feature isn't advertised in commercials.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #36
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

Very cool. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #37
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
There is a box you need to check in settings. I think its in either vita or network settings.

Once the box is ticked you can turn it on using vita.

Remote play is fantastic with no lag on other games I've played. Even when 100 miles away at my parents house. Hopefully will work well with the show.
Remote play is fantastic for me in the house, but on the road i cannot due to my Apple router... but I have heard that just about any other route works brilliantly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »