Home

MLB 14 The Show PS4 Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show PS4 Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 10
Although its a gorgeous game it doesn't fully capture the real thing. And none of the games are. Its time to leave the realism where it is and focus on the animations. Implementing a showtime modification button in the show would be huge. This in addition to signature animations. Player models can also use an over haul. Still haven't been the jeter bowed legs, or signature cleats. Hopefully the show fifteen will introduce customization out the wazoooo.

Stadiums, Teams, leagues, endorsements for rtts & unlockables in franchise. Uniform editor, let the camera capture custom batting stances { stretch maybe}.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #66
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show PS4 Gameplay Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
It looks nothing like the video. The dirt kind of looks like when they play an "On Deck" series before the regular season, after a cold winter, where the field gets real dry and the grounds crew didn't have enough time to properly manicure the field.

Now that would be fine if it correlated with the weather, but we both know that's not going to happen.

Am I being picky? Probably, but it just kind of makes the whole atmosphere look dull. That's my hometown team so I will be playing there more than once. Maybe its an old build. Maybe the lighting was off. Maybe it was the Youtube quality. I just made an observation. I'm hoping for the best. There were some promising qualities as well.
Well maybe in MLB 15 The Show Sony can have the grounds crew water down the infield dirt before every game just like in real life? And as the game goes on it will stat to dry

This will be on my wish list for MLB 15 The Show.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #67
Rookie

Bruinboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsFan95
looks no different, might buy the ps3 version, can't believe they've delayed it by an extra month when it looks the same
Wow ... looks vastly improved to me. Amazing what others see or don't see. Thrilled I purchased a PS4 in anticipation of this game. Maybe it has something to do with all the rain in the UK
Old 04-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #68
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatsFan95
looks no different, might buy the ps3 version, can't believe they've delayed it by an extra month when it looks the same
Well I have been playing the PS3 version and the PS4 does not look the same visually at all possibly game play wise. There is no comparison IMO.

http://youtu.be/6wD9xShEx4g
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 04-09-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #69
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I have been playing the PS3 version and the PS4 does not look the same visually at all possibly game play wise. There is no comparison IMO.

http://youtu.be/6wD9xShEx4g
The only diff visually wise I see is the lighting .. The gameplay the player models all look ported over .. Which i can understand being first year and not a true develepmeant cycle jus little disappointed that they didnt scrap all the player models and start anew on the PS4 . Hopefully 2015 the Show we get diff player models and diff gameplay
Old 04-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #70
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

LOL I love how people like to throw around the word "ported" like it's going out of style.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #71
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Was also hoping for a create your own stadium franchise kinda mode this year so hopefully it gets put on the to do list for 2015
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #72
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
LOL I love how people like to throw around the word "ported" like it's going out of style.
What word would you like to use ? Ported , reused , rehashed either way they are the same and not new or diff ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »