Home

Jumbotron/Video LED Board

This is a discussion on Jumbotron/Video LED Board within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Jumbotron/Video LED Board

From the recent preview videos and also screenshots posted...while showing Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia (the player photo which is of Marlon Byrd I believe), but it seems that the video board when the batter or player photo is on, actually looks like a video board is supposed to look. Essentially, an oversized LED TV look is what I'm trying to say. Usually on past MLB the Shows...the player photos had a "cardboard cut out" or baseball card look, instead of looking like video, or digital with an LED look and glow to it. Might just seem like a minor useless detail to some, but little details like that just add to the immersion factor to me...and essentially leads to more realism in the environments to just enhance the experience that much more while playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Jumbotron/Video LED Board

Agreed, that has always looked off in prior versions. The scoreboards are a light source themselves, but in the past they've looked like just regular adboards/signboards with no backlighting.

If they have corrected this, it will go a long way in making stadium environments look more realistic.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 04-12-2014, 01:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

RSpencer...I agree and just hope I just wasnt just seeing things, during that part of the gameplay video and screenshot that was posted a couple days ago.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

I hope they also change it in Yankee Stadium. When the opposing team is batting, they have great jumbotron photo of player, but when Yanks are batting it shows photo of player on only half the screen. Also, they keep showing slugging percentage as the main stat when OBP is almost always right after avg, HR, and RBIs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »