Home

MLB 14 The Show Video and Screenshot Captures - New Fielding Ball Marker (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video and Screenshot Captures - New Fielding Ball Marker (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #49
Banned

ZealousMonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video and Screenshot Captures - New Fielding Ball Marker (PS4)

Not really trying to be a poopy butt but this team needs to take a long hard look at the color of real grass. They are not even close in any of these screenshots.

GUYS: the color of grass at these stadiums is by the majority very green. NOT pale green. And yes I have watched and played these games on a high-end D65 calibrated screen, and I have also visited at least 5 or 6 stadiums in my life. I don't know what else to say other than you guys need to have a meeting with a groundskeeper and pronto.

Grass is not pale green in sunlight unless a rare variety or it is simply mistreated. I realize this may be a limitation of the engine but the saturation is such a large difference from real life that it makes the game look silly at times.

And all the work on grass I am sorry to say means very little when those truly awful grass patterns and shading still exist in the game. My two cents. I'll be buying the game this year in the hope someone, anyone, is listening. And I am truly tired of excuses like this is what it looks like on TV and blah blah. Well, you guys, like I have always said and maintain, need to get your butts out to the actual fields to get the saturation down.

Nothing else can even be fathomed as to how you guys are going to fix this issue. If I was in charge I would start a high resolution screenshot feedback thread for each team INTERNALLY. All photos MUST be taken ON THE FIELD. It really doesn't cost THAT much to send one decent photographer out to each field. And this is definitely what needs to be done.

I honestly can't even tell the difference on some of these screenshots between PS4 and PS3. If you were to tell me you guys worked your asses off on 3D grass all I could say is I thank you for that but it just isn't very dominant in the majority of shots.

http://www.operationsports.com/media...reenshot-28505

Shots like this are utterly mediocre to me. I can't even fathom why this isn't a bigger issue. Maybe you are already working on it IDK. Good luck though I am sure the gameplay has seen a great boost on PS4 and for that I am definitely happy and sated for the time being.

http://waxcracker.files.wordpress.co...3-13-05-02.jpg

That is how Petco looks more or less. I feel weird even saying this as you guys are living within driving distance. Until someone at the studio realizes their grass looks meh still I don't know what else to do but keep posting photos. And no again, My TV is fully calibrated and I have verified how these fields look in real life. No amount of saturation boost or tricks to get it right will help the inherent saturation problems.

I will start a #FEEDIT campaign if I need to. When RBI baseball looks to have better grass coloring, and let's be honest they have no idea what they are doing, then I think something needs to be looked at for the majority of fields in this game.

Last edited by ZealousMonkey; 04-16-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video and Screenshot Captures - New Fielding Ball Marker (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I get error message?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #51
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
I get error message?
Same here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 05:07 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
I get error message?
Error message to me too.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #53
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Ditto - gutted, i started downloading last night thinking ah nevermind ill do it tomorrow morning...now its gone!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:52 AM   #54
Rookie

Finally someone that has said it!!! In this years I always thought that one major problem for MLB THE SHOW was the real color of the grass! Also this year for ps4 version seems to be very unrealistic in compare with real ballparks...I'm very disappointed because I really hoped that 2014 was the year!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #55
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Man, I already sucked at fielding... this is gonna make things even tougher. Auto fielding, All Day Movement starting now, who's coming with me?

Seriously though this is going to be a great addition! I especially love the part about not knowing if a ball is out of the park or not. I've been hoping for that for a long time.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #56
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Error message.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »