Home

MLB 14: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions only!)

This is a discussion on MLB 14: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions only!) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #801
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 14: The Show Impressions Thread (Impressions only!)

Well, I came to accept that this game was just the same old thing with marginally better graphics. And I was okay with that. The camera thing is annoying. Whatever.

But now, I can't even be bothered to play it. Randomly, out of nowhere, when I got to manual save my Franchise (like after I make a bunch of moves or edits) it will be stuck on the save menu screen (the one with the choice of which spot you want to save it) and do nothing. The system isn't frozen, the game doesn't seem to be, but it suddenly won't let you move the cursor or save. And you can't exit back. You have to close the application and lose all your progress.

Pointless. I'm out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 01:36 AM   #802
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
You do not need PS+ to transfer between consoles. I haven't paid a nickel (though likely will soon!) so far and my transfers have been buttery smooth.
Well that's certainly good news. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #803
Rookie

crewe22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
You do not need PS+ to transfer between consoles. I haven't paid a nickel (though likely will soon!) so far and my transfers have been buttery smooth.
I shouldve made my post reflective of my experience and not stated it as to apply to everyone. However, that is in fact what happened to me. I kept getting the error message noted above time and time again despite following the correct procedure noted here and elsewhere multiple times. Only after signing up for the PS+ did my RTTS file magically appear in the cloud.
Maybe it wasn't the PS+ signup that did it, but after hours of languishing, it was odd that it worked immediately afterward. Id be curious to know why it only happened to me and what was different between your setup and mine if for nothing else, only to help those who may have the same issue in the future.
And and just for trivial knowledge, I didnt buy anything, just got the free trial.
I have no need or desire to subscribe now that my RTTS is saved on the PS4.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #804
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I think they shoot themselves in the foot when they mix "real photo" graphics with generated graphics. Like when they use an image of mountains behind a stadium, a real life image, yet everything else is created by a designer, it throws off the immersion. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the stadium graphics in this game. I've put in a lot of hours, and there's just things that annoy me. Thelighting quality is atrocious, and a lot of the stadiums are really not that detailed, walls are the same graphic over and over, the grass is the same as the ps3, they have a lot of work to do graphically, looks really sloppy.

Outside of that I'm loving the game, I'll start playing and 6 hours will go by so quick I'm like omg I got to go to work soon lol.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #805
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewe22
I shouldve made my post reflective of my experience and not stated it as to apply to everyone. However, that is in fact what happened to me. I kept getting the error message noted above time and time again despite following the correct procedure noted here and elsewhere multiple times. Only after signing up for the PS+ did my RTTS file magically appear in the cloud.
Maybe it wasn't the PS+ signup that did it, but after hours of languishing, it was odd that it worked immediately afterward. Id be curious to know why it only happened to me and what was different between your setup and mine if for nothing else, only to help those who may have the same issue in the future.
And and just for trivial knowledge, I didnt buy anything, just got the free trial.
I have no need or desire to subscribe now that my RTTS is saved on the PS4.
Sony's cloud service and The Show's cloud save slots are two different animals. The latter is free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 03:15 PM   #806
Rookie

crewe22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Sony's cloud service and The Show's cloud save slots are two different animals. The latter is free.
Looking at my PS3 RTTS screen, I went to the save to cloud screen, saved the file.
Then, I went to the PS4 RTTS load from cloud screen and saw that message I posted earlier, which I can't recall now.
Went through that process several times with no success.
Finally, went to the free signup feature, went back to the screen and there it was.
Thats what happened to me, maybe I did something wrong? I understand there are two different clouds as you note, but I have no explanation for why my situation played out that way. I'm just offering it up as more information is better for those that might run in to the same problem. And just for completeness sake, if there's something I possibly did wrong i'd love to know what it was, but I followed instructions as presented.

Last edited by crewe22; 06-29-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #807
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

finally ran out of patience and got a PS4, bought the show to start things off.

not overly impressed. physics still need work, i thought i would see a nice jump to next generation but that is not the case. fielding animations still too skatey? just not as smooth as I would have hoped or expected. the ball comes out of the pitcher awkwardly, esp breaking pitches. the crowds are bad. I play on pitcher offset camera and the crowd behind the plate is terrible. guys walking up and down the stairs without purpose. people standing up and sitting down just to make it livelier, but again....no purpose. running animation is little off, guys run like they have crap in their briefs. thats all i can think of at the moment, i loved show '12 for PS3, had a lasting appeal to me...and honestly, not much of a difference between the two.

maybe i was expecting too much on next generation but hey, thats what $400 should be, no?

although my comments are negative, once i get through the ugly parts of the game...i am sure their will be stuff i will like, and prob play the game until something worthwhile attempts to maximize the ps4 hardware.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #808
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewe22
Looking at my PS3 RTTS screen, I went to the save to cloud screen, saved the file.
Then, I went to the PS4 RTTS load from cloud screen and saw that message I posted earlier, which I can't recall now.
Went through that process several times with no success.
Finally, went to the free signup feature, went back to the screen and there it was.
Thats what happened to me, maybe I did something wrong? I understand there are two different clouds as you note, but I have no explanation for why my situation played out that way. I'm just offering it up as more information is better for those that might run in to the same problem. And just for completeness sake, if there's something I possibly did wrong i'd love to know what it was, but I followed instructions as presented.
I definitely agree that more information is always better. Either way thanks for sharing your experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »