Home

The infield ground color makes a huge difference in MLB The Show ballparks

This is a discussion on The infield ground color makes a huge difference in MLB The Show ballparks within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 12:06 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The infield ground color makes a huge difference in MLB The Show ballparks

i remember when the jake had this really dark infield...i always wanted it in all the games just because it made it feel that much more personalized...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 12:26 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

I remember when Minute Maid Park would soak the section of dirt in front of home plate to where it was almost mud to aid in Michael Bourn's ability to lay down infield bunts and infield ground balls and beat them out.

Actually, I just looked up pics from 2014, and it looks like they're still doing it to help some of their other speed guys out.

That would be really cool to see in The Show someday.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:30 AM   #27
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
We....
Yeah...sure....what a joke.

M.K.
Knight165
Knight,

Let me first start off by saying this. The work you do now and have done in the past for OSFM takes this game to the next level. The game wouldn't be the same without your contributions. I've been playing The Show since '07. Every single year I buy the game and I always wait to start my franchise until Knight and Co. roster's come out.

With that said, I want retractable roofs! I have for the past 5 or so years! Not ones that move, just an open and a closed. And I've heard Ramone's reasoning behind their absence from the game. Fine. I get it. And I know there was enough stuff to do this year to just release the game on PS4 sometime before the All-Star break. Which I say thank you guys! But you have to understand, for guys who play with teams that use the roof a lot, (i.e. the Astros) it's huge. Between the heat and the rain here in Houston, we probably play more games at MMP with it closed.

So please cut us retractable roof guys some slack. I want it in the game someday! Every year its in my top 3 wishlist! NO JOKE!

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 05-06-2014, 12:41 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Knight,

Let me first start off by saying this. The work you do now and have done in the past for OSFM takes this game to the next level. The game wouldn't be the same without your contributions. I've been playing The Show since '07. Every single year I buy the game and I always wait to start my franchise until Knight and Co. roster's come out.

With that said, I want retractable roofs! I have for the past 5 or so years! Not ones that move, just an open and a closed. And I've heard Ramone's reasoning behind their absence from the game. Fine. I get it. And I know there was enough stuff to do this year to just release the game on PS4 sometime before the All-Star break. Which I say thank you guys! But you have to understand, for guys who play with teams that use the roof a lot, (i.e. the Astros) it's huge. Between the heat and the rain here in Houston, we probably play more games at MMP with it closed.

So please cut us retractable roof guys some slack. I want it in the game someday! Every year its in my top 3 wishlist! NO JOKE!
Retractable roofs and rainouts/delays/doubleheaders are literally my top 2 most wanted additions to the game...
And for what it's worth, my favorite teams are the Mets and Rays, so its not like the roof situation directly affects my home games

I really just feel that having open/closed roof states for the stadiums would greatly improve the game, in a lot of ways... especially in franchise mode.

There's just so many "quirks" that could come up over the course of the season if you have such an addition. And really, such oddities are a big part of baseball. It's just not baseball without 4000 variables to think about.

So I'm right there with you lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:43 AM   #29
Rookie

If you Google Image these parks for day games or closeups the grass looks much darker and "greener" and much more similar to The Show. The images you posted are all night games and in real life the super intense lights are giving the grass a yellowish hue, which looks even more intense from a birds eye view. If you were closer, like in the batter's box, it would look darker than those wide shots.

For day games The Show is pretty spot on. To make night games "perfect" there would need to be some sort of algorithm that allows for the hue of the grass to change dynamically, in real time, based on the stadium lights and camera angle/distance. I know NOTHING about coding so I don't know if this is easy or impossible.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #30
Rookie

As an example, Citizen's Bank looks pretty darn close to The Show pic you posted, in this lighting.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #31
MVP

In real life they water the infield prior to the game and in the summer as the game progresses the dirt fades to a lighter color as the dirt dries out.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #32
Banned

That's as good as its going to be for year one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »