Home

Which franchise will you choose?

This is a discussion on Which franchise will you choose? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #49
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Which franchise will you choose?

I want to do a 162 game season with the Yankees, but I never end up using them because they are usually overrated. How are they with the OFSM Rosters?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Dont know much about most teams. Looking for a challenge. Any suggestions. I'm from Chicago so maybe Cubs or Sox? Cubs seem to be a popular pick this year.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #51
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

As always I'm going with the Red Sox. They are fresh off a World Series win but they lost their best outfielder and some of their roster can definitely improve. I've actually played 6 games so far and with quick counts I plan on going a couple 162 game seasons. I'm 4-2 and just using dynamic sliders which seem to be doing the trick. Using OSFM and will probably make one big move. I usually get a solid starting pitcher and maybe a decent batter or at least a bench player. Last year I got Matt Garza and Bryan McCann (went a little crazy haha) but the year before I got Some lesser names. This year I will likely shore up third base and/or outfield but since that's relatively deep and young I may not. Definitely need some starting pitching to replace Doubront although his first start was decent (6 innings, 3ER and 6K). Maybe I'll go after Samardzija since he's rumored to be on the block. That's how I usually do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 09:59 PM   #52
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Blue Jays for me. My favorite team and I know the organization pretty well. They are a few pieces short of contending I think, or I could go the other way and sell off guys and go for a rebuild.

To me the best part about 30 team control is if I feel like playing as a second team, I can do that. Just change a few settings and play as a team I dont know much about, or one that is going through a rebuild. Not to mention Rogers Centre gets old pretty quick between The Show and going to actual games often.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #53
Rookie

Probably the pirates.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #54
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Oozing_Eye
I originally wanted to play the cubs, but looking at their farm system, there just aren't many A rated prospects. I normally play the Twins, but I watch them in real life... too depressing. Maybe the Giants or the Padres?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cubs have one of the best farm systems in the game. May not all be A prospects, but there are some good players to build around.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:11 AM   #55
Rookie

I ALWAYS have a Phillies franchise. This is the first year I'm thinking about controlling an AL team, too. Really having a hard time deciding between the Royals & the A's... someone convince me!

I'm also making an attempt to emulate the real season in my franchise. 30-team control, plus I manage all trades, waivers, FA signings, call ups, and injuries. I'll let the CPU do general roster moves and stuff like scouting.

Quick Counts are def a game changer!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »