Home

Ballpark lighting and Neon signs

This is a discussion on Ballpark lighting and Neon signs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ballpark lighting and Neon signs

So there have been quite a few comments already on the lighting issues in some of the ballparks. Notices some minor lighting issues in Camden but nothing major.

What I'm curious about is some of the signs in the ballparks not being lit. In particular, I could have sworn I saw a clip in the ballparks video of the Citgo sign (actually doesn't say Citgo in the game though) at Fenway Park where it was lit up in red neon.

Was really excited to see this, so to my dismay I was quite disappointed when I started a night game at Fenway and Fast FWD to the 8th inning to see it and it was unlit.

Is there perhaps a more general lighting bug in the game which Ramone had referred to as being under investigation?

Some of the ballparks look fantastic in night games (Camden, U.S. Cellular, Target Field, AT&T Park)) while some seem to have not received the lighting facelift (ie: lit signs and scoreboards) that other parks received (Progressive Field, Safeco Field, Fenway).

Any info or thoughts others have noticed?

The gameplay is ridiculously good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ballpark lighting and Neon signs

Yes, Ramone is aware of some of the lighting issue at certain stadiums. Although it seems like the main focus point in the complaints about the lighting were that the stands in centerfield are too dark, but I know I had mention in the discussions about the signs not being lit up so hopefully that something they will be looking into as well.

edit: personally, my main gripe about the lighting was the neon signs not being lit up.

Last edited by ryanmc564; 05-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ballpark lighting and Neon signs

REALLY hope they fix it. This was one of the best additions to the visual aspect of the game.

Day games still look fantastic, but the improved lighting for Nigh games really adds to the ambience.

Saw more clips of Citizens Bank Park (yet to play there) and the neon signs and the Liberty bell look great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »