Home

You think tattoos will ever be in this game?

This is a discussion on You think tattoos will ever be in this game? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2
You think tattoos will ever be in this game?

If 2k can do it for their basketball games would be nice for SCEA to implement it for next year maybe. Would be a great touch considering a lot more baseball players have them.
Blackhawks fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: You think tattoos will ever be in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indcolts18288
If 2k can do it for their basketball games would be nice for SCEA to implement it for next year maybe. Would be a great touch considering a lot more baseball players have them.
I agree. There are a couple of players with some neck tat's but that's about it.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

You're only going to see this if SCEA decides to go with individual body types for players and if the MLB allows them to add arm tattoos. There is an article out there from a few years ago where SCEA asked about adding arm tattoos to players and the MLB shot them down. Nick Livingston also mentioned it during a live stream.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 05-25-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I think that the mlb wont allow it reasoning is a cop out. Why would they have neck tattoos. Not to be ridiculous but neck tattoos are way more gangster and thugish which to me is the only reason mlb would have an isse with it. You dont actually need individual body types. Hell nba2k next gen only had a few body types hence chris paul being way too skinny. You need individual textures for arms. It would be a lot of work for sure though.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 05-25-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #5
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I think that the mlb wont allow it reasoning is a cop out. Why would they have neck tattoos. Not to be ridiculous but neck tattoos are way more gangster and thugish which to me is the only reason mlb would have an isse with it. You dont actually need individual body types. Hell nba2k next gen only had a few body types hence chris paul being way too skinny. You need individual textures for arms. It would be a lot of work for sure though.
For MLB the show you do need individual body types. The only part of the player's body that is different on each model is the Head/Neck. The body types are the same for every player. This has already been discussed by guys from the community day. So in order to do individual arm tattoos the body types have to be different for each player (meaning he needs his own body type). This isn't 2K Sports it's SCEA no company is the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I think you misundersood what i was getting at.i realize its not as easy as what I was saying but clearly if they wanted to make tattoos for everyone they would change how they have player textures. It would only make sense to do it by having a few different player types with each players skin textures on those body types. I realize thats not how they have it set up now but thats what they should be doing if they wanted to make it possible. Why would they do a different player model for 2500 players? Obviously they wouldnt but your implying they would have to in order to make tattoos possible. Im saying 2k has shown you can do it and the proper way to do it but because SCEA isnt 2k they shouldnt do it? That doesnt make sense to me and I thought that was the purpose of this thread to discuss the plausibility of that happening.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 05-25-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

MLB probably only allowed them to have the neck tattoos like on Crawford and Molina because they are extremely rare and distinct. Almost like a player trademark, not having Yadiers neck tattoo, would just be unforgiveable. But otherwise, at least at that time they wanted to steer away from it (tattooing and all the connotations behind it) being in their game.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
MLB probably only allowed them to have the neck tattoos like on Crawford and Molina because they are extremely rare and distinct. Almost like a player trademark, not having Yadiers neck tattoo, would just be unforgiveable. But otherwise, at least at that time they wanted to steer away from it (tattooing and all the connotations behind it) being in their game.
LOL, I dont know if you were joking around or being serious. If you were being serious it has nothing to do with it being a rare or distinct "trademark". It has to do with the ONLY thing that is unique to player models is the face scan. So if you have a neck tattoo it gets scanned in with your head scan. Everything from the neck down is a generic body so that is why there are no tattoos there. The mlb didnt shoot down arm body tattoos and allow neck tats, this is purely about player bodies being generic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »