Home

Help Choose A Team For Franchise

This is a discussion on Help Choose A Team For Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

OVR: 5
Help Choose A Team For Franchise

I had one of these threads last year for people who aren't sure who to use in franchise mode to ask for advice.

I'm a big Yankees fan, but rarely use them because they are generally overrated and way too good. Using the OSFM rosters, are the Yankees overrated this year, or is there a little bit more of a challenge using them? I'm much better at pitching than hitting, so I prefer using a team that is good at hitting with maybe one excellent starting pitcher and the rest decent/average. So if I don't use the Yankees, I was thinking maybe Rangers or Orioles? I plan to play all 162 games, so I prefer a team with a chance at making the playoffs, but not overly good (no Tigers, Dodgers). Any advice would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Dwenny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help Choose A Team For Franchise

The Yankees are good, but they are old (Red Sox are also, but not as bad ). Be interesting to see how many you have left, due to injuries at the end of the season.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

OVR: 3

Well the Rangers have your one pitcher you want Yu Darvish and decent hitting.
The Orioles have great power hitters and great overall lineup and nice home stadium.The Orioles do not have one standout pitcher though just from a ratings view point. Yu Darvish is a 95 and one best starting pitcher on the Show. The orioles highest starting pitcher is around 77-79 i think.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
Rookie

alexgators1's Arena

OVR: 2

I chose the Astros because they were the worst team on there in terms of rankings from last season, so I wanted to build them up.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

jakeywakey911's Arena

I went with the Padres, They're decent to eh at pitching, with a few good hitters but overall they aren't too good nor super duper crappy. And on the plus side their stadium is one of my favorites here in California! Petco Park is awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletore2002
I had one of these threads last year for people who aren't sure who to use in franchise mode to ask for advice.

I'm a big Yankees fan, but rarely use them because they are generally overrated and way too good. Using the OSFM rosters, are the Yankees overrated this year, or is there a little bit more of a challenge using them? I'm much better at pitching than hitting, so I prefer using a team that is good at hitting with maybe one excellent starting pitcher and the rest decent/average. So if I don't use the Yankees, I was thinking maybe Rangers or Orioles? I plan to play all 162 games, so I prefer a team with a chance at making the playoffs, but not overly good (no Tigers, Dodgers). Any advice would be appreciated.
I think the Yankees would give you a good challenge. Their farm system is pretty garbage and their team is old and needs blown up. Not to mention Jeter's retirement.
Blackhawks fan
Old 05-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

the cubs, holy **** my rtts pitcher is there now. in 5 games pitched they have scored 6 runs for me?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #8
Banned

milldaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

I have A Twins one. Hitters are solid but Pitcher really suck. I'm making a Marlins one when the Hybrid rosters are out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »