Home

Franchise Slumping Players

This is a discussion on Franchise Slumping Players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #49
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Franchise Slumping Players

will middlebrooks leads my team in hitting right now at like 270 >< chicken and beer must have snuck back in the lockerroom
Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #50
Rookie

AaeriosGames's Arena

OVR: 0

Mike Trout in batting a buck fifty for me right now. I have faith that he'll turn it around but the biggest key is plate discipline. In the video below, I noticed that I'm swinging at a lot of early-in-the-count breaking balls rather than working the count until I get a fastball he can drive. I get anxious to drive a pitch into the gap with him but it compromises his ability to have a productive AB. Also, it hasn't helped that when he has made solid contact, it happens to be right at someone for an out.

Keep plugging away, Mikey, things will get better.

"I am not in danger... I am the danger! A player gets the ball stolen and dunked and you think that of me? No. I am the one who dunks!" - KAWHISENBERG
Old 05-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #51
Pro

I find that I press too much with my star players. I'm Oakland also and Moss, Donaldson and Reddick are all hitting below .200. While Jaso, Crisp, and Punto are hitting high .290s because I am waiting for better pitches. I find myself trying to hit a 3-run homer with no one on, with the first three in every at bat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox04
Sorry was at work couldn't respond i believe itd around like. 256 or. 265 will check when i get a chance.
If it is .265 that probably leads the league in team BA. If it is .256 that would probably be good for top half of the league.

Pedroia will probably improve, but I would also expect those .300 guys to drop a bit. If your team stays around the .260 mark that is a success.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #53
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

I posted this in the Q&A thread last night and just noticed this thread now.

"I am struggling with hitting in my Rangers franchise, about 12 games in my team has a avg of .186 . At the moment i have 5 players on cold streaks. Andrus,Fielder,Rios,Martin,arencibia

Does players being cold have much/any influence on there ratings and should i rest them for a few games to get rid of the cold streak or do they need to play thru it.

My biggest problem is getting any hits on the ground, everything keeps flying to the outfield."

edit: Is there a stat in the game which shows how many pitches a batter has faced or how patient at the plate they are.

Last edited by dazzelle; 05-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #54
MVP

og236's Arena

I gave up on my Royals franchise, I couldn't get the offense going. The rotation was great & the bullpen too, but scoring runs were a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #55
Rookie

ehamme08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
I posted this in the Q&A thread last night and just noticed this thread now.

"I am struggling with hitting in my Rangers franchise, about 12 games in my team has a avg of .186 . At the moment i have 5 players on cold streaks. Andrus,Fielder,Rios,Martin,arencibia

Does players being cold have much/any influence on there ratings and should i rest them for a few games to get rid of the cold streak or do they need to play thru it.

My biggest problem is getting any hits on the ground, everything keeps flying to the outfield."

edit: Is there a stat in the game which shows how many pitches a batter has faced or how patient at the plate they are.

I was hitting .206 after 13 games, I'm up to .270 now and I'm 26 games in. Like real baseball, it's a game up streaks! I took Donaldson out (the guy I struggled most with vs righties on back to back starts, but when a lefty came in I brought him back in. Get favorable match ups to get a bat going, that seems to have worked for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack23
I'm sure that Cabrera will go on some ridiculous run of games and the next thing you know he'll be hitting .340.
Your post was my good luck charm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »