Home

My starters stamina never gets to full after 5 days rest.

This is a discussion on My starters stamina never gets to full after 5 days rest. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My starters stamina never gets to full after 5 days rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith05
Has anyone messed with relievers stamina...I got guys in the pen that can throw 4 innings without tiring...and I am not talking long relievers
Thats weird none of mine are like that at all.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:43 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhzhen
I think it has to do with quick counts
It's not QCs. I have seen the same issue and I don't use QCs in my games.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #19
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0

I have noticed that pitchers take longer to recover between outings in general. I had a start with Chris Sale and threw 95 pitches over 7 innings on opening day and when his next start came around he wasn't fully recovered. IMO he should have been fully recovered for his second start of the year. At the same time though if he was 20 starts into the season I would understand having a longer recovery time and entering starts with regressed stamina.

Has anyone been having issues with relievers taking a long time to recover after short one inning stints? I threw Aaron Crow in a game and he threw 13 pitches but it took him three games to recover.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

You can't really ask about individual guys without also posting their individual stamina and durability ratings. As far as starters go the beginning of the year is actually about the same as the end of the year, its the middle of the year as long as you can dodge injuries that you can throw the most on 5 days rest. Now as far as starters being fully ready to go on 5 days every 5 days like a machine it just don't work like that. I'll tell ya that you can feel that way sometimes in the dog days for a month or two, but it ain't happening day in day out every 5 days of the season and that is considering that you're healthy.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 05-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

No question that there is an issue. I've been playing the show since ps2 days. Never had this problem before. Hopefully we can figure this out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #22
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
No question that there is an issue. I've been playing the show since ps2 days. Never had this problem before. Hopefully we can figure this out
I don't think there is an issue. Some people are saying yes some no. So how does that mean there is no question that its an issue? Only time it happens to me is when i use a pitcher to long. And its always been like that. James Shields can throw 100 and be ready every time.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #23
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
The problem has always been there. As far as I can tell, pitchers regenerate 20% of their stamina per day of rest. So if you leave your pitcher out there until he has less than 20% of his stamina left, he'll need an extra day of rest to get back to full.

The only solution is to raise the stamina slider, as someone mentioned above. I have mine at 10, which seems to be about right, although I still have a couple of starters in my staff (Cardinals) that have trouble reaching 100 pitches without going below 20%.

Both the stamina rating and the energy regeneration are in need of re-tooling, because even a mediocre starting pitcher should be able to throw 100 pitches without needing an extra day of rest, but until that happens (if ever) you'll have to use the slider and adjust your tactics.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #24
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
The problem has always been there. As far as I can tell, pitchers regenerate 20% of their stamina per day of rest. So if you leave your pitcher out there until he has less than 20% of his stamina left, he'll need an extra day of rest to get back to full.

The only solution is to raise the stamina slider, as someone mentioned above. I have mine at 10, which seems to be about right, although I still have a couple of starters in my staff (Cardinals) that have trouble reaching 100 pitches without going below 20%.

Both the stamina rating and the energy regeneration are in need of re-tooling, because even a mediocre starting pitcher should be able to throw 100 pitches without needing an extra day of rest, but until that happens (if ever) you'll have to use the slider and adjust your tactics.
Good post, very insightful.

To confirm--adjusting this SLIDER, doesn't affect Dynamic Difficulty right? (new to TS this year!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »