Home

RTTS Offseason Signing Question (Pre 6 year MLB)

This is a discussion on RTTS Offseason Signing Question (Pre 6 year MLB) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12
RTTS Offseason Signing Question (Pre 6 year MLB)

Quick question... what would happen if I refused to sign with my current team BEFORE I meet my 6 years of MLB service time for free agency?

I'm on a suddenly DREADFUL Phillies team (40-92) as of right now. They consider me a "rising superstar," and I'm certainly cool with that. But out of curiosity, when my contract expires this offseason, and it comes time to renew, what are my options? I know I need 6 years of MLB service time to go into free-agency and sign with anyone that offers me a contract, but what would happen if I didn't re-sign with the Phillies? Is my RTTS over with? Would I get kicked into a free agent pool and wait for an offer, or what?

Thanks!

Last edited by ferriscj24; 05-20-2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Typos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: RTTS Offseason Signing Question (Pre 6 year MLB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24
Quick question... what would happen if I refused to sign with my current team BEFORE I meet my 6 years of MLB service time for fre agency?

I'm on a suddenly DREADFUL Phillies team (40-92) as of right now. They consider me a "rising superstar," and I'm certainly cool with that. But out of curiosity, when my contract expires this offseason, and it comes time to renew, what are my options? I know I need 6 years of MLB service time to go into free-agency and sign with anyone that offers me a contract, but what would happen if I didn't re-sign with the Phillies? Is my RTTS over with? To I get kicked into a free agent pool and wait for an offer, or what?

Thanks!
It forces you to sign the contract once you reach the end of the offseason because, yes, you can't be a free agent until 6 years have passed. Otherwise your career would essentially be over since you wouldn't be able to play for any other team and therefore wouldn't progress.

Basically the only ways you're going to get off that first team this early is to be traded or DFA'd and claimed (and the latter won't happen until the club runs out of options on you).

Last edited by bcruise; 05-20-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

Great! Thanks so much for the response! I'm gonig to resign, never planned on not doing it. I was just curious what the repurcussions would be if I didn't, without testing it out and finding out the hard way.

Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm confused.

So you are not asking about what will happen if you test Free Agency?

If not than Bcruise definitely answered your question but at first it sounded like you were.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I'm confused.

So you are not asking about what will happen if you test Free Agency?

If not than Bcruise definitely answered your question but at first it sounded like you were.

Nope, Bcruise answered my question dead on. Sorry for the confusion... I want to test free agency (once I hit 6 years of MLB service time). I am not at 6 years, so I was curious as to what would happen if I did not resign BEFORE I hit that 6 year mark.

What I meant by not wanting to test it was to test what would happen if I didn't resign, and risk my RTTS career being over with just to see what would happen if I did not resign prior to the 6 year mark.

Make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24
Nope, Bcruise answered my question dead on. Sorry for the confusion... I want to test free agency (once I hit 6 years of MLB service time). I am not at 6 years, so I was curious as to what would happen if I did not resign BEFORE I hit that 6 year mark.

What I meant by not wanting to test it was to test what would happen if I didn't resign, and risk my RTTS career being over with just to see what would happen.
Gotcha.

Don't do that. Do what Bcruise said. LOL!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »