Home

Kershaw and Trout regressing?

This is a discussion on Kershaw and Trout regressing? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Kershaw and Trout regressing?

I'm at April 12, 2014 in my franchise and checked Kershaw and Trout's attributes to see how they're doing. I was quite surprised to see Kershaw lost one point off stamina, one point off the break on his curveball and changeup. He is 25 years old in the game and just don't understand why that should happen.

Trout lost one point off Reaction. I don't understand that either, him being just 22 years old in the game. So we have two 99's regressing, however slight that may be, the point is why should it happen at all? I'm the Dodgers and have been pitching with Kershaw. He has not allowed a run and pitched well.

Both these players are young and this makes no sense at all to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Re: Kershaw and Trout regressing?

Maybe they're performing poorly on their teams in the franchise. Like it's possible Trout is missing a few flyballs in the game and he's lost 1 reaction point cause of it.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I'm at April 12, 2014 in my franchise and checked Kershaw and Trout's attributes to see how they're doing. I was quite surprised to see Kershaw lost one point off stamina, one point off the break on his curveball and changeup. He is 25 years old in the game and just don't understand why that should happen.

Trout lost one point off Reaction. I don't understand that either, him being just 22 years old in the game. So we have two 99's regressing, however slight that may be, the point is why should it happen at all? I'm the Dodgers and have been pitching with Kershaw. He has not allowed a run and pitched well.

Both these players are young and this makes no sense at all to me.
Do you have your training set up properly? If you don't train them properly, everyone's stats will regress.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Maybe they're performing poorly on their teams in the franchise. Like it's possible Trout is missing a few flyballs in the game and he's lost 1 reaction point cause of it.
I said in my post above Kershaw had not allowed a run. As for Trout, he has not committed any errors and with auto fielding on, if he does miss a ball, we know who made that happen ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaBoomer
Do you have your training set up properly? If you don't train them properly, everyone's stats will regress.
I control all 30 teams and training is set to auto.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
I said in my post above Kershaw had not allowed a run. As for Trout, he has not committed any errors and with auto fielding on, if he does miss a ball, we know who made that happen ;-)

I control all 30 teams and training is set to auto.
Auto-training alone won't stop players from regressing. Auto-training simply chooses one area that the CPU thinks your player needs to improve or maintain, and trains on that.

If you check through each of your 30 teams, you'll probably find that a lot of players are regressing in areas where they aren't being trained.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaBoomer
Auto-training alone won't stop players from regressing. Auto-training simply chooses one area that the CPU thinks your player needs to improve or maintain, and trains on that.

If you check through each of your 30 teams, you'll probably find that a lot of players are regressing in areas where they aren't being trained.
Oh, c'mon, Trout and Kershaw need training when they're playing every day? I don't have any other players regressing. Well, not Kershaw (playing every day) but he's not allowed a run.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Oh, c'mon, Trout and Kershaw need training when they're playing every day? I don't have any other players regressing. Well, not Kershaw (playing every day) but he's not allowed a run.
Well for one, Kershaw plays every 5 days. And yes, players train every day. Tweet Trout and ask him yourself.

And I seriously doubt that out of 750 active players, those two are the only ones regressing.

Also, keep in mind that a -1 regression is almost meaningless. When one of them drops to a 85 overall, then you might have a problem.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Actually he does have a point. You still HAVE to train players and you shouldn't be setting it to Auto because the system will train players in stupid areas like they'll train a 1B in Arm Strength or something, or they'll train a pitcher in arm strength and arm accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »