Home

Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Dirt

It would sure be great if next year them added realistic tracks and marks in the dirt left by player slides and cleats. Yes there's a little dirt cloud effect, which is a bit cheesy - reminds me of what we'd see in an older video game.

It sounds petty but its these little details that add to the realism. Why not have cleat marks left and scuffs in the dirt from slides and dives? That would be so cool.

Likewise I'd like to see the chalk lines get messed up, especially around the batters box.

Its also weird to foul a ball off in the dirt just in front or to the side of the plate and watch the ball hit the dirt but not leave any indentation, and so forth.

Its crazy that video games have evolved to the point where we expect to see this level of details. So that's great. But now that the capabilities of these system are there, I'd love to see them take this stuff to the next level. Even in hockey games on the last gen systems the players leave real-time cuts and groves on the ice as they skate...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 20
Re: Dirt

I've not paid attention this year but I know in the past The batters box always gets messed up as the game progresses. And honestly, on the ps4 version the dirt is one thing that stood out to me as really cool. MLB fields have the best of the best mixture of dirt, clay and sand.....a lot of that depends on where the team is. For example, Georgia has that red clay down there so their field has a lot of that in it.

But regardless, in real life u can always see little chunks of dirt in the box from cleats digging in and the show has this perfected. I'm pretty sure it was also on the ps3 in the past but with the better graphics it really stands out on the ps4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »