Home

OS Community Challenge Thread

This is a discussion on OS Community Challenge Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5
OS Community Challenge Thread

With the new community challenges game mode I thought it would be cool if we had an area here on OS where we could post challenges for each other and then attempt them. Since I did not see a thread about this I created a new one but mods please feel free to close if I missed the proper location for this content.

I will try to get it started with a challenge I created called the Triple Play Challenge. The challenge occurs in Fenway with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth and you must turn a triple play to win the game for the Toronto Blue Jays. Also if anyone else has any other challenges feel free to add me on PSN so I can give them a try. My PSN handle is DJMAC007.

Please let me know what you think of my challenge!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Community Challenge Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCScreamingEagles
With the new community challenges game mode I thought it would be cool if we had an area here on OS where we could post challenges for each other and then attempt them. Since I did not see a thread about this I created a new one but mods please feel free to close if I missed the proper location for this content.

I will try to get it started with a challenge I created called the Triple Play Challenge. The challenge occurs in Fenway with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth and you must turn a triple play to win the game for the Toronto Blue Jays. Also if anyone else has any other challenges feel free to add me on PSN so I can give them a try. My PSN handle is DJMAC007.

Please let me know what you think of my challenge!!

Is yours still a jumpstart?

I'll give yours a shot if you try mine? I need more people to play it and give it a thumbs-up to get out of jumpstart.

EDIT: I just tried yours. I tried it twice (10 attempts each) and couldn't get it lol. I try to tag the runner, throw to 2nd and then 1st and I can never get all 3.

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 05-26-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

BUMP

anybody wanna please try my challenge? It's extremely quick and it's fun.

Go into community challenges, hit Triangle to filter, and filter type: repeating, team: pirates, and Jumpstarts. Username is Malik_Flavors
Old 05-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
BUMP

anybody wanna please try my challenge? It's extremely quick and it's fun.

Go into community challenges, hit Triangle to filter, and filter type: repeating, team: pirates, and Jumpstarts. Username is Malik_Flavors
I will give your challenge a try right now. Glad you gave my challenge a try I know I was only able to successfully complete it once.

EDIT: I just gave your challenge a try and it was pretty cool. I made the play on my second attempt!!

Last edited by BCScreamingEagles; 05-26-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCScreamingEagles
I will give your challenge a try right now. Glad you gave my challenge a try I know I was only able to successfully complete it once.

EDIT: I just gave your challenge a try and it was pretty cool. I made the play on my second attempt!!

Thanks man. Yeah I made the trajectory of the ball so that you would arrive at the wall almost the exact same time as the ball, but you've gotta cover a lot of ground and make sure you take a direct line. Thanks for trying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Try out the challenge called lottery. You need to get three outs with one being a K without giving up a walk or run. You get to use Verlander, so you have a chance.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Can someone explain in detail how these work?

Why is there a reward option if the reward is based on how hard the challenge is? Are they combined? Is it based off percentage that completed the challenge?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #8
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Can someone explain in detail how these work?

Why is there a reward option if the reward is based on how hard the challenge is? Are they combined? Is it based off percentage that completed the challenge?
The Reward is an amount decided on how easy the challenge is. If people fail the challenge, the reward goes up. "Risk vs Reward" If it is to make the out at first on a routine ground ball, you will get whatever the challenge cost. If it is make a diving catch, get up throw the runner out, and then save a kitten in a tree it will be worth more than the cost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »