Home

Franchise Playoff Difficulty

This is a discussion on Franchise Playoff Difficulty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2014, 06:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise Playoff Difficulty

Does the difficulty go up in the playoffs in franchise mode?? Sure seems like it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Franchise Playoff Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooch66
Does the difficulty go up in the playoffs in franchise mode?? Sure seems like it...
The teams made it to the playoffs for a reason. Just tougher competition.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Yup, funny how you can play those tougher teams during the year and all is well, then in the playoffs... Well alrighty then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
The teams made it to the playoffs for a reason. Just tougher competition.

Lol great username, I am using the Royals in my franchise even though I have no real attachment and I live in Boston. It was mainly because I love Jeremy Guthrie, but he retired after 2015

But back on topic I really don't think it's the competition. 2014 playoffs I got smashed by the Mariners and they didn't have any particularly good hitters, so I thought it was a difficulty spike. 2015 I got absolutely hammered by the Angels who did have a sick lineup, so I thought the Mariners stuff was just a weird thing like whatever they were hot. 2016 I am playing the As, who have a merely decent lineup, and they are all over everything, finding gaps, fouling everything off, etc. Waaaaaay different than playing them in the regular season.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 AM   #5
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Yup, notice the same thing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 03:45 AM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooch66
Lol great username, I am using the Royals in my franchise even though I have no real attachment and I live in Boston. It was mainly because I love Jeremy Guthrie, but he retired after 2015

But back on topic I really don't think it's the competition. 2014 playoffs I got smashed by the Mariners and they didn't have any particularly good hitters, so I thought it was a difficulty spike. 2015 I got absolutely hammered by the Angels who did have a sick lineup, so I thought the Mariners stuff was just a weird thing like whatever they were hot. 2016 I am playing the As, who have a merely decent lineup, and they are all over everything, finding gaps, fouling everything off, etc. Waaaaaay different than playing them in the regular season.
Ive played in 3 post seasons. Lost all 3. Didn't feel like it was harder though. Just felt like i pitched bad. Had a series vs NY in Yankee stadium that was a 15-11 game. Then shut them out the next game.

The username is in danger of being irrelevant if Moose cant learn how to hit to left or hit a damn fastball at all.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I noticed this in my RTTS. I couldn't buy a hit in the first couple series of the playoffs. By the time the WS games started I was more used to it and was getting some hits again. I definitely think the difficulty increases in the playoffs.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »