Home

Stealing w/ Manual Base Running (and Throwing Out Opposing Thieves)

This is a discussion on Stealing w/ Manual Base Running (and Throwing Out Opposing Thieves) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Stealing w/ Manual Base Running (and Throwing Out Opposing Thieves)

Hey guys,

2-part Question:

I'm getting picked off quite a bit more than I'm used to. In previous versions, you could pretty much rely on the AI's ability to get back after an extra step. Am I supposed to be telling my runner to get back to the bag on pickoffs?

Secondly, my catcher cannot get anyone out. I'm throwing over to the bag every now and again, and even trying to "mix up" my delivery by waiting a few seconds every now and again. Still, I haven't thrown out a single runner since my first couple of games (totalling 41 games, my catcher has allowed all 21 stealing attempts).

I'm pre-loading my throws, but I'm not using pitch outs really. Anything else I can be doing? Is this a job for sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Stealing w/ Manual Base Running (and Throwing Out Opposing Thieves)

1. If you're taking that extra step (the one step lead is always taken automatically, and you can steal without the extra step), yes, be ready to hit R1 if the throw comes over (at least I think this matters, maybe not lol, but I do it).

2. Keep in mind that true thieves steal at a 80%+ clip, catchers who throw out +/- 40% of attempted steals are doing a great job (Molina led the league last year at 46% runners caught; Perzinski was 10th best at 25%, think on that).

Good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »