Home

Next patch?

This is a discussion on Next patch? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #25
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Next patch?

They have given this community more than any other developer could even approach. Instead of being thankful for it, we instead have been rewarding them them with rumors and accusations. I speak for myself when I say that I am very exhausted of witnessing the spoiling and entitlement that I see in person day in and day out that seeing it here as well is expected but possibly even more disappointing. First world problems in this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #26
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Complaining about complainers on a forum is also a pretty big first world problem. Just sayin' 😜
Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
They have given this community more than any other developer could even approach. Instead of being thankful for it, we instead have been rewarding them them with rumors and accusations. I speak for myself when I say that I am very exhausted of witnessing the spoiling and entitlement that I see in person day in and day out that seeing it here as well is expected but possibly even more disappointing. First world problems in this thread.
You're right. We should just accept what we are given and be thankful for it. Never speak up about what could be fixed and never ask for info or to updated. It is what it is and will never change...wait, that sounds pretty 3rd world to me.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #28
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Complaining about complainers on a forum is also a pretty big first world problem. Just sayin' ��
Yeah, that's real productive. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #29
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
You're right. We should just accept what we are given and be thankful for it. Never speak up about what could be fixed and never ask for info or to updated. It is what it is and will never change...wait, that sounds pretty 3rd world to me.
There is a significant difference between constructive criticism or suggestions and accusing them of secrecy and conspiracies when they just came in and said there will be a patch. Also a big difference from waiting for a video game patch and waiting for the next UN food drop. C'mon, really?

I've said my piece. Don't expect anymore reaponse from me lest this useful forum turn into an uninteresting flame forum.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I don't see the frame rate issue. I was shocked because I bought the game anyway after reading about the stuttering frame rate.

I would like to see more balls hit down the line. I rarely every see balls make it to the corners.
Frame rate issues aren't as bad as made out to be but it is noticeable, especially during cutscenes/replays. It's not game breaking as some made it out to be.

I do think ppl's expectations are way too high; they expect a patch will cure the world of all problems, which just isn't possible.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensland
Frame rate issues aren't as bad as made out to be but it is noticeable, especially during cutscenes/replays. It's not game breaking as some made it out to be.

I do think ppl's expectations are way too high; they expect a patch will cure the world of all problems, which just isn't possible.
Maybe not to you but those who are big on immersion like myself, the choppy frame rate does hurt the experience because I can't truly appreciate the presentation which is a big part of the game. I don't think that expecting to have the game run smooth at all times (cutscenes & presentation included) on a more powerful system is "having too high expectations" smh.
The game is still good but it does feel like it was rushed in certain areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Maybe not to you but those who are big on immersion like myself, the choppy frame rate does hurt the experience because I can't truly appreciate the presentation which is a big part of the game. I don't think that expecting to have the game run smooth at all times (cutscenes & presentation included) on a more powerful system is "having too high expectations" smh.
The game is still good but it does feel like it was rushed in certain areas.
My comment isn't just directed towards complaints on frame rate problems. If you read the forums you'll see ppl are expecting patches will fix the color of ballpark signs, infield dirt, beards, hit variation, etc. I don't see all of that happening until perhaps MLB 2015. Also, you're in no position of accusing me of not caring about player/game immersion just because we have different opinions. I stand by myself saying the framerate isn't game breaking, even if it is to you. For me, the lack of an organ playing in Wrigley Field is a bigger deal than cut scene frame rate.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »