Home

Classic Baserunning Questions !!

This is a discussion on Classic Baserunning Questions !! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Classic Baserunning Questions !!

I play on allstar pitching and hitting and use Classic baserunning,and im having difficulties running the bases. I am definatley not a great baserunner,but trying to get better....an example... I have a runner at 1st,and my batter hits a gapper for what looks like a double. Normally I would hold L1 button before my batter gets to 1st,telling him to go to 2nd,and my other runner to go to 3rd... Before my runner gets to 3rd and I think he can make it home,do I hit square button and down on the d-pad ? do I have to wait until he gets to 3rd to send him home,which leads to him stopping,then starting again ? I tend to make late base running decisions. what buttons would I press to basically tell that runner to round 3rd and head home and WHEN do I press ?? I don't believe it would be triangle (2nd) and down on d-pad ?? any help out there would be great thanx !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Rookie

DLowery's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Classic Baserunning Questions !!

Point at the baserunner you want with your left stick and press 'X' to send him home. You basically point at the runner you want to control, it'll pulse on the mini-map, then you can send him to the base you desire.

I believe that'll do the trick.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLowery
Point at the baserunner you want with your left stick and press 'X' to send him home. You basically point at the runner you want to control, it'll pulse on the mini-map, then you can send him to the base you desire.

I believe that'll do the trick.
thanx for the response... But,I never use the left stick for base running...isn't the left stick used in "default" base running? I use classic base running.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
Rookie

vinny_pizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDream
thanx for the response... But,I never use the left stick for base running...isn't the left stick used in "default" base running? I use classic base running.
Yes, left stick is default. I just recently switched from classic because I believe it's broken when trying to send a guy for extra bases using the d-pad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »