Home

Year-to-Year Stats?

This is a discussion on Year-to-Year Stats? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #9
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Year-to-Year Stats?

From what I can remember Ramone or a dev saying, it's more of the code than anything else. I think I read that before.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #10
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
From what I can remember Ramone or a dev saying, it's more of the code than anything else. I think I read that before.
God forbid they actually try to change the code from 2008. 2K had yearly stats, and their coding sucked, right? Laziness because people buy this regardless. It's got Maddenitis.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
I feel like i'm beating a dead horse here, but every now and then I will see a thread mentioning stat-tracking for the show, and almost every time I take the opportunity to go on my rant in hopes someone from SCEA will recognize and address the issue.

Every year I dig deep into my franchise, but the further I get, the less immersion I feel. Not just the lack of rudimentary statistics such as career SB, but on top of that no tracking of All-Star game appearances or cumulative awards. Stats are historically more instrumental in baseball than any other sport, it is a game of numbers and the show whiffs on this. Actually, to whiff a batter would need to swing first, The Show gets caught looking every year.
Agree 100% Benz87..... I love The Show, but for some reason stats are less important than how many individual hairs on a players head. You have to wonder if SCEA understands the history of baseball along with the future (sabermetrics) which is STATS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #12
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0

The thing that kills me the most is not being able to see minor league stats after the season ends. As much as I would love to see all of the stats/awards on a player card (i.e. nba 2k), I can't stand that I can't see basic stats of what my prospects did the year prior when deciding to renew contracts and assign players to new levels.

I know nothing about coding but I would be happy if they somehow incorporated the locker room from Road to the Show in franchise mode. I personally would like to see players career trajectories when you develop them.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #13
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack23
The thing that kills me the most is not being able to see minor league stats after the season ends. As much as I would love to see all of the stats/awards on a player card (i.e. nba 2k), I can't stand that I can't see basic stats of what my prospects did the year prior when deciding to renew contracts and assign players to new levels.

I know nothing about coding but I would be happy if they somehow incorporated the locker room from Road to the Show in franchise mode. I personally would like to see players career trajectories when you develop them.
To me these kind of things in a baseball FRANCHISE is a no brainer. Really don't understand why these things were not included from day one, I mean planned and pre-planned before the first edition... Nonetheless years later and still nowhere to be found...
Old 07-16-2014, 10:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack23

ya this messes me up constantly! I like checking stats to see who is where in progression blah blah....but i always forget and poof! they r gone! smh....I started a new franchise tho and am taking into my own hands for now by tracking it on dynastynation until hopefully next years The Show fixes this issue.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #15
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Is sortable career, and league stats too much to ask for? When scrolling through team stats there should be an; AL, NL and MLB option. I've also been asking for sortable career stats for years now, but SCEA keeps on ignoring the most basic and important component of the sport...STATS!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #16
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Is sortable career, and league stats too much to ask for? When scrolling through team stats there should be an; AL, NL and MLB option. I've also been asking for sortable career stats for years now, but SCEA keeps on ignoring the most basic and important component of the sport...STATS!!!!!
The implied reason for lack of stat tracking pre PS4 was limitations of the PS3.
I was sure we would see a significant increase in all areas concerning stat tracking including the use of stat overlays during the game on the PS4.

One other off topic observation, (this is for Mikey) the rosin bag is still not on the mound during gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »