Home

How long was your longest losing streak?

This is a discussion on How long was your longest losing streak? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2014, 04:22 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How long was your longest losing streak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan31
I had a 13 game loosing streak in my franchise. So I traded Bartolo Colon, Dom Smith, Wilmer Flores for Tulo. Also traded Rafael Montero, for Giancarlo Santon. Now I'm 7 games behind the Braves.
can u honestly say u looked at those two trades and said to urself "hmm these seem relatively realistic/possible"? U know Syndergaard shouldve went in the Stanton deal and u really think any team would trade for Colon. dom smith would never warrant that trade either
Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #18
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballphanatic
can u honestly say u looked at those two trades and said to urself "hmm these seem relatively realistic/possible"? U know Syndergaard shouldve went in the Stanton deal and u really think any team would trade for Colon. dom smith would never warrant that trade either
Some teams may trade for Colon IRL, but he wouldn't headline a tulo trade. But as they say, it's his franchise.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #19
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

This year, 9 games with my cubbies and 8 with the Yanks. I lost 3 games by 1 run and 2 extra innings games during the Yankee losing streak.

Two years ago playing The Show 12 version, I lost 11 in a row with my Cubs franchise. The game I won to break the losing streak was one of the most exciting games I have played with The Show.

In a quick capsule, I was down 6-0 going into the bottom half of the 8th. LaHair hit a grand slam, I brought Marmol in the ninth for a non save appearance, (he walked the first 2 hitters - K'd the next 2 and Castro made a great diving play and threw to first just in time) - for the 3rd out.

Rizzo hit a 2-out 3 run walkoff homer in the bottom of the ninth to end the losing streak!
Old 07-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
Rookie

currently in a 23 game skid as the cubbies. My pitching has been fine but my offense is literally none existent as ive been shutout in 18 of the 23 and only scored more than 2 once. Into June Im hitting .197 as a team with 19 HRs. But like I said pitching is great, a 2.89 ERA good for 3rd in the majors.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #21
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

6 games so far in this year's edition of my Royals franchise, but I'm only in mid-May.

The fifth and six losses were on walk-off home runs in extra innings. I was starting to fear it was going to be the classic Royals May collapse, but I was able to right the ship a bit and get the offense going.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #22
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandere313
currently in a 23 game skid as the cubbies. My pitching has been fine but my offense is literally none existent as ive been shutout in 18 of the 23 and only scored more than 2 once. Into June Im hitting .197 as a team with 19 HRs. But like I said pitching is great, a 2.89 ERA good for 3rd in the majors.

Ouch! You sure have a lot of patience especially being shut out 18 of 23 games. Must be quite frustrating. I haven't played a season yet (always seem to waste my time on rosters). But with my NHL game a couple years ago i was on like 10-12 losing streak. Nothing was going my way sure enuf i finally won and went on a good winning streak. Hope the same happens for ya!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #23
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I have selective memory syndrome so once I get swept in a series I tend to put losing streaks out of my periphery. But I'm sure I have at least been swept in back to back series.
#44Syracuse
Old 07-29-2014, 01:00 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeterFan2
There called realism sliders, which is fair, but I don't recall the Yankees losing 11 straight games! I"m going to go beat the Rangers right now and refused to get swept again and lose 12 straight.
I used to use TNK's sliders and they were good but for me it was very difficult to score and I have now started using Mizzou24's slider set and with the Rangers in the first 10 games of the season I'm averaging over 4 runs a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »