Home

What Pitching Difficulty Do Most Use?

This is a discussion on What Pitching Difficulty Do Most Use? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #17
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Pitching Difficulty Do Most Use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
All-Star Classic.

I may...just may bump up to HOF soon and tweak my control and consistency slider one click up and give that a go. I have been dominating more so on 14 than in the past. A clear and definitive trend after a couple of hundred games played (all on quick counts).

BTW QC has helped pitching be more dominant for me but at the same time has really balanced the stat's to almost perfection. What a godsend that feature has been for me. I love how many games I am getting in now in half the time...truly awesome. Walks, K's and pitch counts are rocking!!!

I have also become an even better hitter on QC's. It took some time, but now I now that I have fully adjusted, I can't play any other way. It's like baseball crack.
I had to bump the CPU hitting and drop the Human pitching on AS/QC/Classic. The CPU is surprisingly oblivious most of the time otherwise. They swing and miss constantly, appear to "guess location" too frequently, and don't get rewarded enough for good PCI placement (amongst other things).

I tried HOF briefly but it seemed a little too hard. After going back to AS, I bumped CPU Contact/Power/Solid Hits a click and dropped my Consistency a click too. This has helped enormously.

After a ton of games, everything looks great! The only line consistently producing something outside of the realm of realistic is my K per game rate. So I figure a bump in either Fouls or Timing should solve that problem.

I'm having a blast again so perhaps if HOF doesn't work for you, a direction like this might.

EDIT: Sorry. I just checked and CPU Power is on Default. Anyway, my adjustments are always in my arena if you want to see what I'm working on.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 07-30-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I had to bump the CPU hitting and drop the Human pitching on AS/QC/Classic. The CPU is surprisingly oblivious most of the time otherwise. They swing and miss constantly, appear to "guess location" too frequently, and don't get rewarded enough for good PCI placement (amongst other things).

I tried HOF briefly but it seemed a little too hard. After going back to AS, I bumped CPU Contact/Power/Solid Hits a click and dropped my Consistency a click too. This has helped enormously.

After a ton of games, everything looks great! The only line consistently producing something outside of the realm of realistic is my K per game rate. So I figure a bump in either Fouls or Timing should solve that problem.

I'm having a blast again so perhaps if HOF doesn't work for you, a direction like this might.

EDIT: Sorry. I just checked and CPU Power is on Default. Anyway, my adjustments are always in my arena if you want to see what I'm working on.
Hero's you and I play very similar and I will check out your arena for some settings. I need to bump up the difficulty for pitching this year and will give that a go first on AS and see if that does the trick.

Thanks!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Hero's you and I play very similar and I will check out your arena for some settings. I need to bump up the difficulty for pitching this year and will give that a go first on AS and see if that does the trick.

Thanks!
Yes we do! And have for years!

I know you have your own base, so I'd suggest starting with your set and making the same adjustments to start with:

CPU Contact/Solid Hits up one click.
Human Consistency down one click.

Then play, track and tweak if necessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »