Home

Those using pure analog hitting interface

This is a discussion on Those using pure analog hitting interface within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
Rookie

yantis0524's Arena

OVR: 2
Those using pure analog hitting interface

I love pure analog, but I find it the most difficult. I'm usually late in my stride and late on fastballs, but early on anything off speed. My PCI always ends up on the outside of the plate. Those who use pure analog, how do you hold your thumb on the right stick? Do you focus on a side of the plate to swing? I play on All-Star difficulty.

I have tried holding my thumb across like this: ====, up and down || . I have also tried using the tip of my thumb. I'm curious to see how others hold the controller to swing in the middle of the plate. Thank you for any feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Those using pure analog hitting interface

I hold my thumb at probably somewhere between a 4 and 5 o'clock position. That's the best way I can describe it. I also play on All-Star, but I turn turn the strike zone off so I can get a better visual when I follow the ball in and out of the pitchers hand.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Rookie

yantis0524's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclem92
I hold my thumb at probably somewhere between a 4 and 5 o'clock position. That's the best way I can describe it. I also play on All-Star, but I turn turn the strike zone off so I can get a better visual when I follow the ball in and out of the pitchers hand.
Interesting, I never thought of holding it on the corner. I will try it, thanks.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantis0524
I love pure analog, but I find it the most difficult. I'm usually late in my stride and late on fastballs, but early on anything off speed. My PCI always ends up on the outside of the plate. Those who use pure analog, how do you hold your thumb on the right stick? Do you focus on a side of the plate to swing? I play on All-Star difficulty.

I have tried holding my thumb across like this: ====, up and down || . I have also tried using the tip of my thumb. I'm curious to see how others hold the controller to swing in the middle of the plate. Thank you for any feedback.
The tip of my thumb is at 10:30 and the base is at 4:30.

Also, start your stride a little earlier this year than in years past, it's a little more realistic this year. And I turned down the pitch speed a bit to give me some more time to recognize pitches. I still get my fair share of strikeouts but I'm drawing more walks than ever too.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

my hands are rather large so i end up just holding how my thumb goes about a... 5 to 11 direction (this really gets me in trouble in games where i need to go directly up/down lol!)

i have dynamic difficulty hitting and i hove all-star to all-star +++.

im almost always early on off-speeds also, but i can live with it. usually only struggle catching fastballs when they are over 95

as far as stride goes i was ALWAYS late but i turned the stride slider to a 3 and now as long as i just go when the pitcher puts his foot down im good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I use pure analog on Legend difficulty.

Finding the right thumb position can be key when it comes to using analog controls. Obviously, you want a position that is going to help you consistently replicate straight/quick swings.

The key is to find something comfortable and effective, and then you need to NEVER THINK ABOUT IT AGAIN!

Maybe it's just me, but nothing will destroy my approach at the plate more than constant tinkering with my stride timing or thumb position.

This is what works best for me...

Spoiler
Old 08-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
Rookie

yantis0524's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
I use pure analog on Legend difficulty.

Finding the right thumb position can be key when it comes to using analog controls. Obviously, you want a position that is going to help you consistently replicate straight/quick swings.

The key is to find something comfortable and effective, and then you need to NEVER THINK ABOUT IT AGAIN!

Maybe it's just me, but nothing will destroy my approach at the plate more than constant tinkering with my stride timing or thumb position.

This is what works best for me...

Spoiler
I'm constantly messing with my thumb position. I tried to look at your spoiler, but it was a broken link.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »