Home

Hitting sliders/help

This is a discussion on Hitting sliders/help within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hitting sliders/help

What sliders are the best for someone who sucks at hitting? I mean I really suck. It doesn't matter what team I'm using I can't seem to score. I can get hits but it's only singles. I don't see a lot of home runs or doubles. I'm considering going back to timing because I think maybe playing on zone is my problem. But with timing it seems too many times I am missing the meat pitch and not making the opposing pitcher pay for his mistake but with zone I feel as if I don't get the mistake pitches at all. I'm not trying to score 10 runs a game but I'd like to get more than 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Hitting sliders/help

Lower the difficulty level... slider
Old 08-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

what i actually did was lower the pitch speed

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 08-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Lower the difficulty level... slider
well veteran is too easy
Old 08-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #5
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15
Hitting sliders/help

CommisionerHBK9's post^^^^^ about pitch speed (I messed up the quote somehow lol)

This really does help. I play with it on 1 or 2 and I have been doing good with it that low. It gives me time to watch the pitch and to tell which pitch it is, and also helps timing your swing which leads for more solid contact.

Last edited by kmoser; 08-10-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 02:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Well I switched to timing and after two games where I got 4 and 5 runs I was liking what I was seeing for the most part. The only thing was I was striking out a lot due to the fact that my PCI would be all over the place. And the third game with timing I couldn't even finish because Josh Johnson was perfect through 6 against me. I roughed up Cashner for 4 runs on 9 hits through 3 IP but couldn't get one hit against Johnson. Many times I got a pitch to hit and had it say "Normal" on the side but I would swing and miss or pop it up. I get that I won't score a lot every game but no one wants to be no hit. Especially against a guy like Josh Johnson who only likes to throw fastballs that catch a lot of the plate.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorb95
Well I switched to timing and after two games where I got 4 and 5 runs I was liking what I was seeing for the most part. The only thing was I was striking out a lot due to the fact that my PCI would be all over the place. And the third game with timing I couldn't even finish because Josh Johnson was perfect through 6 against me. I roughed up Cashner for 4 runs on 9 hits through 3 IP but couldn't get one hit against Johnson. Many times I got a pitch to hit and had it say "Normal" on the side but I would swing and miss or pop it up. I get that I won't score a lot every game but no one wants to be no hit. Especially against a guy like Josh Johnson who only likes to throw fastballs that catch a lot of the plate.
So one game, you have 4 runs on 9 hits through 3 IP and the next you nearly get no-hit...

How is that not completely awesome and an incredible feat in programming?!

I say congratulations to you and enjoy ups-and-downs of baseball! I'd be thrilled if I were you!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

I play timing-hitting and have played with sliders a bunch. I have noticed that solid hits makes a lot of difference just bumping up a notch. You can crank contact up to 10 and notice nothing (well i did) but solid hits will help you.
ymmv

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »