Home

What up with the stealing in this game

This is a discussion on What up with the stealing in this game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What up with the stealing in this game

Can anyone (Knight,Willard,Teeds,Roster guru)explain to me which attributes help you produce the most steals and attempts for AAA,AA players. What does Stealing or BaseRunner Aggressiveness do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: What up with the stealing in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxaalex
Can anyone (Knight,Willard,Teeds,Roster guru)explain to me which attributes help you produce the most steals and attempts for AAA,AA players. What does Stealing or BaseRunner Aggressiveness do.
I cannot say 100% this is how they work but my understanding is:

STEALING is the players ability to get a great jump on a pitcher and his ability to get back to the base on a pickoff (although I truly think that is just a random outcome)

BASERUNNING AGG is how aggressive a player is when trying to stretch a single into a double or double into a triple. It only effects, imo, cpu controlled players or simmed games. Not sure it has any bearing on a player that is user control

Again, I cannot say that this is exactly how they work, just from my experience with the game and what I've read, I think they operate in this manner.

Hope that helps somewhat.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

In addition to what countryboy said, I think "aggressiveness" factors into how big the default lead is for a baserunner... or something like that.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I cannot say 100% this is how they work but my understanding is:

STEALING is the players ability to get a great jump on a pitcher and his ability to get back to the base on a pickoff (although I truly think that is just a random outcome)

BASERUNNING AGG is how aggressive a player is when trying to stretch a single into a double or double into a triple. It only effects, imo, cpu controlled players or simmed games. Not sure it has any bearing on a player that is user control

Again, I cannot say that this is exactly how they work, just from my experience with the game and what I've read, I think they operate in this manner.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Yes it has thanks on the info its seem to me stealing is just really how many attempts and baserunning is how aggressive the players is base on his rating.I may be wrong maybe some people can comment and clarify it.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
Pro

I taught i had it all figure it out but i dont can someone please explain what attribute help you steal and steal attempts
STEALING
BASERUNNING AGG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #6
Pro

it says it right above
Old 09-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

The strange thing is I find runners who has low stealing and aggressive steals quite a bit on me (low speed too) and yet they still beat the throw almost everytime. Including Lind in one game, Mauer in one (in fact same game) and many others I can't think of. I rarely see speedsters steal lol. Its on Exhibiton so I don't know if it's better during season or franchises.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #8
Pro

speedsters really only steal on my franchises but it does depend on pitcher moves and catchers throwing strength/accuracy too

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »