Home

Same pitcher keeps starting in solo online franchise

This is a discussion on Same pitcher keeps starting in solo online franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7
Same pitcher keeps starting in solo online franchise

I recently started a solo online franchise with custom rosters. On certain teams, the same pitchers are starting every game. David Price has started all six Tigers games...Cole Hamels has pitched all three games. I'd say 4 or 5 teams have this issue going on. Those teams are set to CPU just like all the others. Any idea what's going on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Same pitcher keeps starting in solo online franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
I recently started a solo online franchise with custom rosters. On certain teams, the same pitchers are starting every game. David Price has started all six Tigers games...Cole Hamels has pitched all three games. I'd say 4 or 5 teams have this issue going on. Those teams are set to CPU just like all the others. Any idea what's going on?
Typically this happens if someone goes onto the DL or the CPU resets its roster for any reason. To fix it, you have to change your user name to their team, go into their "Manage Roster" screen, and then hit "Fix Rotation and Lineups" That will reset it. If you'd like, you can then send that pitcher to the bottom of the rotation since he's probably exhausted as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Pro

markprior22's Arena

Thanks for the reply. Wonder how often this happens? I would hate the idea of having to go through all the teams after each game to make sure pitching staffs/lineups are in tact and legal.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

Yeah it happens with some regularity . one team had Felix Hernandez pitch 15 games straight, another team about 20 James Shields starts. But its a quick review. Maybe after every series you just go into your rotation and hold down R2, keeping your eye on the stamina levels. They should look good with the most rested on top . if the top guy is exhausted, you will need to fix that. Only takes a minute or so, but yeah should not be necessary. I believe i found it only happened In case of injury. But not 100% sure that is the case.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
Pro

markprior22's Arena

I don't understand why more people aren't demanding a fix for this if it is somewhat common. I think many folks are playing solo online franchises to take advantage of the improvements made to that mode so it would make sense that many people would be experiencing this issue. I did a search and didn't see any threads concerning this problem. Very strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #6
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

I agree completely. Unfortunately that is just one of many problems with Online Franchise.

There are no injuries in simmed games, only user played games. That's another thing that bugs me.

Also, my guys salaries recalculate repeatedly throughout the season if they are promoted or demoted to AAA. This completely ruins the point of long term contracts.

CPU offers guys long term contracts who will immediately be sent to AAA based on their rating, or they will make star dollars but ride the bench. Example: Washington Nationals signing both David Ortiz and Albert Pujols to long term deals. Ortiz relegated to bench. Rollins signs 3 year deal with them, sent to AAA.

Schedule is the same every season.

I've tried asking for updates, but they seem to be more focused on MLB 15 at this point.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #7
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

Realized that the rotation is reset not only with injuries but also after trades. So any time the CPU makes a trade, you're going to need to go to both teams and fix their rotations manually.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
Pro

markprior22's Arena

Thanks for your help in figuring this out. I still am surprised that more people aren't raising a fuss over this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »