Home

Park factors?

This is a discussion on Park factors? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Park factors?

Do park factors matter in this game? For example, the air is much thinner in Colorado, will that show in fly balls leaving the park at Coors Field? Its also very humid in Texas the ball flys out there in real life as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Park factors?

A developer has confirmed that Colorado stuff happens in Colorado.

I'm not aware of any other park-specific conditions or effects that are featured in the game.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

Colorado the ball does travel. But say a stadium like Wrigley it doesn't play true like in older versions of The Show. Example: Darwin Barney (before he got traded) hit a HR to dead center into a 20 mile an hr wind. We all know that wouldn't happen. And with the wind blowing out any Wrigley the ball doesn't travel/carry like older Shows. A lot of lazy fly balls with wind blowing out.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Do park factors matter in this game? For example, the air is much thinner in Colorado, will that show in fly balls leaving the park at Coors Field? Its also very humid in Texas the ball flys out there in real life as well.

For the most part beyond Colorado and to some degree Fenway (the configuration impacts balls out towards center and right-center is no picnic like in real life and the Monster will knock balls down unless they are those towering moonshots...which are semi-common this year), not so much.

Things like temperature, heavy/humid/dry air - they don't have an impact. Wind may not have as much impact as it should (I always turn it to max so I don't know on default).

Likewise for amount of foul territory influencing foul outs (seems more randomly determined by the foul frequency slider than the park configuration itself).

About the only factors that are consistent are some of the 2B/3B factors. You can see more (sometimes a lot more) triples in AT&T park, HR CAN be hard in Fenway as well as RF being the oddity that it is there (anyone can poke it at Pesky's Pole but toward right-center it's tough), etc.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-13-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Wind absolutely has an impact I've seen the wind knuckling a ball many times. AZ definitely has it's features in the game, don't play much at wrigley. But I think this all comes down to in game settings too. If your game is set up a certain way you can notice the special effects ballpark conditions are having on the hits quickly. Dimensions of ballparks obviously are a apart of things too. But those altitude effects in CO are definitely there as well. Citizens Bank, this is a dimension effect, but it's prone to eat up alot of HR compared to other parks. Don't play much at arlington, either maybe played there less than 3 times but I would be suprised if those muggy nights don't trigger alot of extra base hits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't notice it too much at the Ballpark in Arlington. One thing I do know is that ever since the new breezeway was installed behind home plate, the ball does not carry out in real life. In fact, Arlington has played neutral in the past two years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »